3.88 - Marshawn Lloyd [RB; USC]

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

IGWT but I'm not going to be able to get behind this one til he gets on the field. He's 23, still raw and has issues with ball security. He's a one contract player. 

In some ways, RB might just be a one contract position if GMs just want to play the market. He does have the big play ability that hopefully comes through for us. 

In the third round, a lot of times you're drafting for special parts. 

Lloyd's burst is special.

He's got exceptional hands.

He's a well built guy who blocks and runs behind his pads. 

He's a smart guy.

He's patient enough. 

Does that make up for the fact that he's older, has an injury history, fumbles a lot, doesn't seem to be a natural cut back runner, and we have no idea what his vision is like because he plays in a Mickey Mouse offense? 

Opinions will be vary. 

• Like 5

32 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

...He's got exceptional hands....

He didn't catch a lot of passes in college did he?  13 receptions in 11 games doesn't seem like that much.  But stats obviously may not reflect actual capacity in future.  If his hands are exceptional and he's got promise in the receiving area, it would be fun to have a shifty guy.  

I like the pick, and trust Gute.  I think quick, shifty, and balanced is the way.  And with Jacobs and Dillon in hand, he can kinda redshirt as needed to learn the pro game, if needed.   

I think Lloyd is my favorite pick so far, given where they were able to get him at #88. He is like a hyrid of Jacobs and Jones, having both thunder and lightning elements in his game, e.g., he can cut like an MF'er, shifty like Jones, though not as fast in terms of top end speed (though he has a great first gear). But he is a bit bigger than Jones and just instinctively knows when to switch from evading tackles to more of a bruiser style like Jacobs when he needs to try and break tackles on a given play. It's really interesting to watch. 

43 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

In the third round, a lot of times you're drafting for special parts. 

Lloyd's burst is special.

He's got exceptional hands.

He's a well built guy who blocks and runs behind his pads. 

He's a smart guy.

He's patient enough. 

Does that make up for the fact that he's older, has an injury history, fumbles a lot, doesn't seem to be a natural cut back runner, and we have no idea what his vision is like because he plays in a Mickey Mouse offense? 

Opinions will be vary. 

His vision didn't look great in a Mickey Mouse offense, and he needs to fix his pad lv.

21 minutes ago, DWhitehurst said:

I think Lloyd is my favorite pick so far, given where they were able to get him at #88. He is like a hyrid of Jacobs and Jones, having both thunder and lightning elements in his game, e.g., he can cut like an MF'er, shifty like Jones, though not as fast in terms of top end speed (though he has a great first gear). But he is a bit bigger than Jones and just instinctively knows when to switch from evading tackles to more of a bruiser style like Jacobs when he needs to try and break tackles on a given play. It's really interesting to watch. 

Lloyd averaged 7.1 yards per carry last year.  Think about that.  Get him in space and he can do things.  He's going to be fun to add to this offense.  I think they'll slowly add him in with specific plays here and there.