2024 Day 3 NFL Draft Thread

CWood21

So the draft often answers questions about how the brass feel about their team. Like I was not sure how they felt about Sean Ryan, our right guard and the cornerback room, but I feel like Gutey must feel confident in them or he would have found someone in the first 4 rounds to compete 

Just now, Chili said:

Kitan Oladapo is basically Tariq Carpenter's replacement. Hopefully he does better.

Hes a tweener type between Safety and LB.  Doesn't player either great but has some skills.  I think he is a Special Teams guy to start out and go from there.

1 minute ago, NFLGURU said:

Hes a tweener type between Safety and LB.  Doesn't player either great but has some skills.  I think he is a Special Teams guy to start out and go from there.

He's a big safety who can cover and tackle.  He'll do nicely in GB.  He'll compete with Williams for #3.  Think they might use Bullard in that slot/nickle role occasionally so one of these guys is going to get some snaps.  

10 minutes ago, Chili said:

Maybe they dont see Bullard as a safety but instead as a nickle/slot corner?

They see Bullard as multiple.  Helps disguise.  These other two safeties can be more LB/SS for TE coverage with Bullard as the only guy who can actually cover WRs man 2 man.  Then you have Mckinney who can cover deep zone and play box.  Lots of crossover between all the roles.

15 minutes ago, Sasquatch said:

I just peeked into our parallel universe and Hopper is still on the board.

Sure to be the red-headed step child of our draft...at least on paper. 

Just now, Scoremore said:

Sundell could use one more IOL...Pratt QB  Maybe add one more RB in the 7th stash on the PS or compete with Dillon.  We never did get an H-back.  Don't know if anyone is left. 

Bell's the last known undersized TE left on the list- otherwise it's gonna be somebody we've never heard of, or a bonafide properly sized TE instead... if any of them.

Just now, Scoremore said:

Sundell could use one more IOL...Pratt QB  Maybe add one more RB in the 7th stash on the PS or compete with Dillon.  We never did get an H-back.  Don't know if anyone is left. 

Wonder if we would have a decent shot at players like Sundell and Greenfield if they both go undrafted?