Threepeat or Field

I’ll go Chiefs for the 3-peat

Obviously injuries can change a lot, but the Chiefs and Mahomes have that prime Tiger Woods feel to them. They are amazing and they have the intimidation factor, like if you don’t score last then you're going to lose.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Football_Bachelor08 said:

Pre-Super Bowl.

The '68 Packers, '80 Steelers, and '99 Broncos missed the playoffs. The '76 Steelers, '90 49ers, and '94 Cowboys lost in the Conference Championship. The '74 Dolphins and '05 Patriots lost in the Divisional round.

The question I asked was when was the last NFL 3 SB peat? That answer is never. Not if the Chiefs can join these teams who failed.

I'll take the field. 

• 2 months later...

Training camp is underway.

Does anyone feel differently now?

What got me is that Mahomes said that 2023 was not fun. They did what had to be done but he did not enjoy it as much. In 2024 their offense will be a LOT faster.

5 hours ago, onejayhawk said:

Training camp is underway.

Does anyone feel differently now?

What got me is that Mahomes said that 2023 was not fun. They did what had to be done but he did not enjoy it as much. In 2024 their offense will be a LOT faster.

I was thinking the field but Patrick Mahomes saying he wants to have more fun really showed me that KC is serious so now I’m thinking Chiefs

12 hours ago, Soko said:

I was thinking the field but Patrick Mahomes saying he wants to have more fun really showed me that KC is serious so now I’m thinking Chiefs

I feel the opposite. They're supposed to be serious this year and this guy is talking about having fun? They'll miss the playoffs, probably get a top 3 pick.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, notthatbluestuff said:

I feel the opposite. They're supposed to be serious this year and this guy is talking about having fun? They'll miss the playoffs, probably get a top 3 pick.

All I know is that I was relying on odds and NFL history for the field…but some of these offseason comments by the team are seriously swaying me. 

52 minutes ago, Chiefer said:

if the Deep Ball is reemerging it will go a long way towards a Threepeat being a reality 

Isnt the NFL scheming that away from being used so much though? Wasnt that the problem with their offense a few years ago was beating it? I still think death by 100 paper cuts is preferable to DCs

2 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Isnt the NFL scheming that away from being used so much though? Wasnt that the problem with their offense a few years ago was beating it? I still think death by 100 paper cuts is preferable to DCs

Problem is teams largely figured that out last year. Teams sat on the short stuff, attacked, blitzed, and it was largely effective. Mahomes had his worst season statistically. reminded me a lot of the Alex Smith days

if we can just get some guys that can legitimately threaten deep, that opens things back up for the thousand cuts to really make defenses bleed. Overcommit to one or the other and Mahomes/Reid will smoke ya. 

Edited by Chiefer
  • Like 1