Aaron Rodgers Back to the IR.

gopherwrestler

But i'm not gonna waste any more time going back and forth on this because this is obviously another case of someone that will refuse to acknowledge the facts no matter what.

As far Rodgers goes, it only makes sense for him and the Packers to IR him now that they're out of contention. Just like Peyton did in 2011 when he was technically cleared but the Colts were not even in contention at that point so he decided not to return so that he can comeback the following year at 100%. 

31 minutes ago, JustAnotherFan said:

But i'm not gonna waste any more time going back and forth on this because this is obviously another case of someone that will refuse to acknowledge the facts no matter what.

As far Rodgers goes, it only makes sense for him and the Packers to IR him now that they're out of contention. Just like Peyton did in 2011 when he was technically cleared but the Colts were not even in contention at that point so he decided not to return so that he can comeback the following year at 100%. 

And I don't recall people blasting him or the Colts back then for doing basically the same thing for the same reasons.  smh

1 hour ago, Pugger said:

And I don't recall people blasting him or the Colts back then for doing basically the same thing for the same reasons.  smh

No one is blasting the Packers for the decision, it makes sense. I was pointing out the double standard, comparing the Bennett situation and this one. Bennett wanted to go on IR since the season was over, and he was called all sorts of things, and then cut. Rodgers is just being sensible. That's a pretty big difference in reaction.

14 minutes ago, ChazStandard said:

No one is blasting the Packers for the decision, it makes sense. I was pointing out the double standard, comparing the Bennett situation and this one. Bennett wanted to go on IR since the season was over, and he was called all sorts of things, and then cut. Rodgers is just being sensible. That's a pretty big difference in reaction.

The season wasn't over when Bennett wanted to go on IR.

Rodgers hurt is a better QB than Hundley. He came back to see if he could help lead the team into the playoffs and hopes to make it to the Superbowl, guy is a competitor.

Hundley would not of won that game against Carolina.

Rodgers also seems to make other players play better when he is even on the field, he is smart.

I don't blame him one bit for trying to come back.

I don't blame him one bit for putting an end to it once they can't have any playoff hope.

Makes no sense to play your injured franchise QB when you have no shot anymore. If Rodgers was a Viking I would be calling for the coaches head if they were allowing him to play.

No sense in risking re-injury. He came to play hurt and give them the best shot, didn't work, time to go back and heal for the offseason to make a run next year.

8 hours ago, ChazStandard said:

The situations are identical. Both players COULD play, but would rather not play because they want avoid injury since there's nothing to play for. Bennett wanted to go on IR despite being cleared, and so does Rodgers. In fact, Bennett at least needed surgery, so had more justification.

One player is cut, and then abused and reviled, because he "quit on his team". The team that picks him off waivers is even accused of somehow manipulating the situation.

The other player is allowed to protect his own long-term interests without any criticism at all.

That's a double standard.

No, it's not a double standard. 

Being mathematically eliminated from the playoffs and losing a starting QB is not nearly the same thing. A motivated Bennett might have been able to help this group.

You're the same guy who can't tell the difference between a shoulder and a hamstring though, so I can see why you're confused by this concept. 

6 hours ago, N4L said:

I find Rodgers return from the IR extremely comical. Comes back, giving everyone false hope, throws three picks and misses a bunch of other throws, gets his team eliminated from the playoffs then goes back on IR. 

Hhm, that is pretty funny actually.

3 hours ago, incognito_man said:

There's less than a 25% chance many teams make the playoffs in week 1. You think no good players should ever play eh?

I wasn't saying he shouldn't have played like others have (although in hindsight he absolutely should not have) just pointing out that at no point since Rodgers initial injury did the packers ACTUALLY have an 85% chance to make the playoffs as your post insinuated. 

3 minutes ago, N4L said:

I wasn't saying he shouldn't have played like others have (although in hindsight he absolutely should not have) just pointing out that at no point since Rodgers initial injury did the packers ACTUALLY have an 85% chance to make the playoffs as your post insinuated. 

With Rodgers? Of course they did. Very easily could have beat the Panthers that game. Home game at Lambeau vs. the Vikings where he has beat them numerous times.

Rodgers at 75% is still one of the best in the league.

1 hour ago, N4L said:

I didn't insinuate that whatsoever...

I clearly stated they had an 85% chance at the playoffs if they win out.

If Rodgers was healthy enough to go, you take your best shot to win. And they came very close. This was, by far, the most difficult game left on the schedule...

Using hindsight here is dumb.

2 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

No, it's not a double standard. 

Being mathematically eliminated from the playoffs and losing a starting QB is not nearly the same thing. A motivated Bennett might have been able to help this group.

You're the same guy who can't tell the difference between a shoulder and a hamstring though, so I can see why you're confused by this concept. 

Losing a starting QB and being eliminated from the play-offs aren't EXACTLY the same, but they are very similar. Everyone knew the Packer's season was over. Everyone was saying so, to pretend otherwise after the fact is highly dishonest. The season was over and Bennett wanted surgery on a saw shoulder instead of risking his health pointlessly. Instead of respecting a football player's right to refuse to risk injury, Bennett was attacked by the fanbase and the team. Rodgers is now doing the same, with no comments on it. That's a double standard.

People weren't criticising Bennett because the Packers still had a shot at the SB, they were all over him for not honouring his contract, letting down the team, smearing the reputation of a doctor (which he didn't do), and being a bad team-mate. Oh and lying about the injury (which didn't actually happen).

I'm not saying Rodger's should be criticised, he shouldn't, but a lot of people who got rather emotional and slightly paranoid about the Bennett situation have made themselves look a bit silly by refusing to see the comparison with this case.

The truth is, fans like Rodgers, and so what he does is fine. Bennett rubs people up the wrong way, is new, and that situation came up just after Rodger's got hurt, when fans were still depressed. So they over-reacted and talked a bit of nonsense. There's no harm in admitting it, months later.

As for the bold, I don't know why you think deliberately misrepresenting people is clever. I don't know why you pretend to be unable to understand pretty simple ideas. Both of those a questions I'm not qualified, or interested enough, to answer. Neither is about football. You won't wind me up or make me feel stupid by doing it.

You'll just make me do this face: -_-, and then go on about my day.

59 minutes ago, gopherwrestler said:

THAT part may be stretching it, I'd say it was the most difficult since it was an away game, but BY FAR may be stretching it a bit. Rivalry game in December is always a tough game.

Truth. I would even go as far as saying the Vikings likely would have been tougher. 

Archived