2024 Breakout Players

tyler735

• 1 month later...

Those of you who follow my bets, shouldn't be surprised at a couple of these names:

Breakout player:  Rasheed Shaheed, WR, NO - full-time snaps, and an OC who's not a total minus (HC Allen still worries me but hopefully he stays out of the O business and leaves it to Klint Kubiak)

Breakout to "star" status:  Diontae Johnson, WR, CAR - now the alpha. 

Breakout to "elite" status:  Trey McBride, TE, ARI - I'd actually argue the breakout already happened last year, but this is the year that establishes that he's in the Laporta / Andrews / Kelce tier.    True elite TE, Marvin Harrison Jr. and he will be the 1-2 punch for years to come there (think Hill-Kelce). 

Breakout unexpected rookie (not true star, but a top 10-12 rookie performer who's nowhere near that level draft-capital wise):   Roman Wilson, WR, PIT - I stopped doubting when PIT ID's a receiver they like, and learned to just follow along.

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Er…

Ok so if our OL enables the QB to complete passes this year, you’re going to know a lot more about Pop Douglas. I think some of you are already aware, but yeah he’s really good.

Is QB1 going to be Jacoby or Drake in your opinion? 

Coming back to this for the Falcons:

Defense:

EDGE Arnold Ebiketie - Adding Matthew Judon across the field from him for 3rd downs is going to really help him out.

DL Zach Harrison - See Judon addition. With Ebiketie, Judon and Jarrett all showing sack potential, he'll get a lot of one-on-ones.

CB Clark Phillips - Potentially winning hte No. 2 CB job. If he does, is a playmaker on the ball and with Simmons, Bates and Terrell in the secondary with him, could wind up having an insanely good season.

Offense:

WR Drake London - Upgrading from Ridder/Mariota/Heinicke to Cousins/Penix should help him a ton

RB Bijan Robinson - Todd Gurley had some insane stats in a McVay offense. Robinson could do the same

LG Matthew Bergeron - Ice Berg was solid as a rookie, but he's got a year of experience at guard now and could surprise a lot of people this year.