Random trade alert: Texans trade for WR Ben Skowronek

Forge

Posted (edited)

Lol. Nico Collins, Tank Dell, Stefon Diggs, Noah Brown, John Metchie. The Texans gave up capital to trade for a guy who's gonna compete for WR6 with Robert Woods?

Edited by HoboRocket
  • Like 1

I was surprised when we cut him this morning but I'm even more surprised we got a pick for him. Though I'm guessing it is more of a swap than anything. He was good in the WR/FB role and is good on special teams. 

1 minute ago, LeotheLion said:

Would guess this is worse for Woods

I mean, I didn’t think Woods was making the roster anyway, tbh. But this trade might push Metchie to WR6, even without Woods…

31 minutes ago, Soko said:

I mean, I didn’t think Woods was making the roster anyway, tbh. But this trade might push Metchie to WR6, even without Woods…

I haven't followed Metchie since his return and how he's recovered. Skow is a really good blocker and special teamer. So if Metchie doesn't player special teams, I could see Benny beating him out with Houstons depth at WRs and needing the guys lower on the depth chart to be versatile. But I'd have to imagine Metchie is better at basically everything else as a WR than Skow. 

A Nick Caserio special, he gives those 6th/7th rounders out like how a stranger in a van gives out candy...

If Skow has an ST ability - a gunner, a return guy - he's likely to push John Metchie off to the PS. 

Very whelming trade here.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HoboRocket said:

Lol. Nico Collins, Tank Dell, Stefon Diggs, Noah Brown, John Metchie. The Texans gave up capital to trade for a guy who's gonna compete for WR6 with Robert Woods?

to avoid him go through waivers.  Texans dont have a high waiver claim.  I dont mind trading a late pick since we are getting one back from the Rams in the trade.

LOLOLOL he’s aweful. To his credit he’s gotten better as a WR. He’s a beast ST though. First guy in last guy out! Faster than he looks. Lunch pail type of guy. Should he in a

mayor for Houston in 2063. People never shut up about tarts int, had Benny caught that open TD thru his fingers. That narrative wouldn’t ever exist.