Breakout Defense of 2024

onejayhawk

On 5/11/2024 at 11:42 AM, AngusMcFife said:

Hendrickson is IMO an average DE. Yes he had 17.5 sacks last year but 8 the year prior. Reader did not play as glamorous position but I think he played it just as well if not better than Hendrickson. The Bengals D was really bad without Reader.

My point is if Hendrickson is your best player, you ain't that good.

Reported for that bs and foolish take. You are on crack calling that man basic. He’s their only edge threat. Dudes put up amazing numbers the last 4 years. 

• Like 3

On 5/12/2024 at 9:18 AM, Armbar said:

Drugs r bad, mmkay?

Yeah man. Really bad. That’s one of the worst takes I’ve ever seen in my life. @Sokogrilled his as. The corpse of Mack being up there should be punishable by death. Dude had 10 sacks in one game. Basically a no show last year and has been living off his name alone the last 6 years. He hasn’t been an impact rusher since his first season in Chicago. Mack to me was always super overrated. Im

so mad he stole that DPOY from Donald that year the raiders were trash on D but only had him. That made me hate that man. 

9 hours ago, El Ramster said:

Bruh that secondary trash as hell. It got lit up like an sos sign from an island. Thing was set on fire. You lost good players too this off season.

did you miss where they replaced the whole secondary? i'm not guaranteeing it will work, but whatever happened last year doesn't matter

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Superduperman said:

did you miss where they replaced the whole secondary? i'm not guaranteeing it will work, but whatever happened last year doesn't matter

Oh yeah replaced with rooks. Very nice. 

19 minutes ago, El Ramster said:

Oh yeah replaced with rooks. Very nice. 

and two veterans but don't let the facts get in your way bro

like i said, not saying it's guaranteed to work, but the Lions addressed it pretty hard

• Like 1

On 5/11/2024 at 1:06 PM, Soko said:

Quinn’s only fielded an above average defense once as a HC. Also won’t have a deep CB room and Micah Parsons (but will have better LBers tbf), I’m not expecting much out of Washington’s D. Maybe average/above average if things shake out well. 

The good news is ... if we're average, it'll be a VAST improvement. 

54 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

Has to be Philly. So much talent on that side of the ball. 

I'd love it if that were the case but I have my doubts. I do think the defense will be improved overall, but we have a lot of question marks and young guys filling spots. The ceiling for the defense could be quite high.... but that requires a lot of the young guys to be instant high level contributors which is possible but unlikely imo. I personally am just hoping for an average-ish defense with the young players filling prominent roles. With as talented as our offense is we shouldn't need to be a great defense anyways.

• Like 1

shameless plug for my own team's defense.  I mean the players on the Saints that underperformed last year compared to how they normally play can't get any worse and they got players that can/should step up for bigger years so with them being fairly good last year, I def can see a scenario where they become elite if Kubiak can make the offense a little more consistent so there aren't multiple stretches of 3 and outs to put them on the field more.

On 5/14/2024 at 2:00 PM, NYRaider said:

Raiders defense could be legit

We actually agree here. I like what Pierce does schematically. And y’all have a good collection of talent 

• Like 1