Detroit signs Jared Goff to 4 year extension worth $212 million/$170 M guaranteed

NVRamsFan

35 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Isn't that exactly what Stafford got when he came to LA? Because he certainly wasn't exactly just making Motor City Mayhem with no run game and bad protection in Detroit all those years....

He had no run game lol. Good oline though. 

59 minutes ago, Mdpackfan22 said:

Love's 1st year starting scored more TDs(36) then Goff has in any season. Also threw less int last year. This was with all 1st and 2nd year receivers and without our #1 WR, #1 TE and pro bowl RB out for half the year. Our all pro LT also went down week 1. 

Love is absolutely on Goff's level currently and has a much higher ceiling.

He also threw away about...what? 3 or 4 wins? There was no reason your team should have lost to the Raiders, Broncos and Steelers except for poor QB play. 

I'll give him credit for a strong second half. The first half he and the offense looked lost. 

Perhaps he continues to grow, or maybe he continues to do what he did against San Francisco and throw away that game too at the most critical point. I'm rooting for the latter. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SteelKing728 said:

He also threw away about...what? 3 or 4 wins? There was no reason your team should have lost to the Raiders, Broncos and Steelers except for poor QB play. 

I'll give him credit for a strong second half. The first half he and the offense looked lost. 

Perhaps he continues to grow, or maybe he continues to do what he did against San Francisco and throw away that game too at the most critical point. I'm rooting for the latter. 

Offense as a whole needed time to gel. We had the youngest offense in the league last year, and then we lost our 2 most veteran players week 1 of the season(Bakh and Jones). It makes sense they would struggle at first. Jordan Love 2nd half of the year was arguably the best QB in the league. Goff has never shown the ability to carry a team or play at the level of Love the 2nd half of last season. 

Well, they needed him for their SB window. But this hurts their long-term sustainability. They should've pulled a GB and drafted a quarter back with a luxury pick.

1 hour ago, Nzd07 said:

Well, they needed him for their SB window. But this hurts their long-term sustainability. They should've pulled a GB and drafted a quarter back with a luxury pick.

Not really considering how cap increases year over year. It's just part of business 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, General Tso said:

I will let Rams fans fully answer this because I don't know all the roster details at that point.

But for one thing, that 2021 season was Kupp's first season where he started all games in the season. Another thing is he had disproportionately heavy targets in 2021, I mean, I would like to think he'd get those volume stats when he gets that many targets. Just seems like Stafford had an unreal connection with Kupp that year.

Kupp was healthy in 2020 for the most part. In fact, aside from the Super Bowl win, Goff in 2020 and Stafford in 2021 was such a direct comparison with personnel on offense that I was convinced we won the trade before the playoffs even started. It wasn't just Kupp and Woods - it was also a better run game in 2020. Stafford ended up having OBJ for Woods midway through, but before that it was just incredibly clear that Stafford was on an entirely different level.

I always knew that Goff could perform with an elite team around him though, and kudos to the Lions for assembling one of the best rosters in the league.

2 hours ago, Mdpackfan22 said:

Goff has never shown the ability to carry a team or play at the level of Love the 2nd half of last season. 

I don't think it's a stretch to say that Goff had a much better 10 game stretch in 2018. 330 yards per, YPA over 9 and a passer rating in the 110s.

Goff also had similar streaks iof stellar play in 2017 and 2022.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Mdpackfan22 said:

Offense as a whole needed time to gel. We had the youngest offense in the league last year, and then we lost our 2 most veteran players week 1 of the season(Bakh and Jones). It makes sense they would struggle at first. Jordan Love 2nd half of the year was arguably the best QB in the league. Goff has never shown the ability to carry a team or play at the level of Love the 2nd half of last season. 

Except he got his team to the NFCCG and the Superbowl in two separate instances. 

Jordan Love blew it in the divisional round. 

Goff might not be great, but I know who I'm taking, and it's not particularly close. 

Enjoy giving Love a 200+ million contract though and being 2nd best in the division.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

The offense was working great against the 49ers until both of their OTs had to leave the game due to injury.  I imagine that explains some things about the Packers draft.

15 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

Except he got his team to the NFCCG and the Superbowl in two separate instances. 

Goff might not be great, but I know who I'm taking, and it's not particularly close. 

Enjoy giving Love a 200+ million contract though and being 2nd best in the division.

Congrats I guess to Goff getting carried to the Super Bowl by McVay. I'll take the guy who outperformed expectations and was the best QB in the league 2nd half of last season vs a game manager. 

20 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

The offense was working great against the 49ers until both of their OTs had to leave the game due to injury.  I imagine that explains some things about the Packers draft.

Can't lose both your OTs to injury if you draft an OG to play OT!

1op1lc.jpg?a476376