Netflix acquires rights to Christmas Day games

RaidersAreOne

Netflix to the NFL? Absolutely ridiculous. Prime, peacock, Netflix, ESPN package…YouTube or Hulu live TV…when does it end?

Thanks for helping me make the decision on getting a streaming live tv package again this fall. I’ll just save a couple hundred bucks and not watch those games.

Screw you NFL. I’m out.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

I saw something on Twitter that claimed you'd have to pay around $750 to be able to watch every NFL game this season

in total of a several subscriptions or solo?

Streaming was the best thing that ever happened to the league. 

Getting to parcel off so many games, particularly on non traditional days and special occasions, is just such a huge money maker.

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Forge said:

Getting to parcel off so many games, particularly on non traditional days and special occasions, is just such a huge money maker.

I can see NFL need to get all this TV money eventually lead to the NFL adopting a NFL lottery. A network will pay a decent amount to air that.

Edited by August4th

11 hours ago, Forge said:

Until streaming services realize that no one/very few people are signing up for Netflix to watch 3 games.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Until streaming services realize that no one/very few people are signing up for Netflix to watch 3 games.

Doesn't change what they've gotten now though, and worst case it means they just go back to the old way which has also been profitable. 

This is basically just free money for the NFL right now