TAPT Version 71.0 Kent Branstetter never votes for an incumbent

3 hours ago, Uffdaswede said:

This was an excellent riff. As one of the few other posters here born in the 50s, as I assume you were, I approve of the contemporary edginess you bring to boomer takes.

Old Guy is not an old guy, only masquerades as one. He is in his 40's and is a 70's baby with plenty of testosterone still flowing which is the source for his edgy takes. He is just taking advantage of the world we live in that allows for someone to identify as anything they would like to identify as.  

41 minutes ago, R T said:

Old Guy is not an old guy, only masquerades as one. He is in his 40's and is a 70's baby with plenty of testosterone still flowing which is the source for his edgy takes. He is just taking advantage of the world we live in that allows for someone to identify as anything they would like to identify as.  

He was born in the 70s?  I thought he was younger than me!  Hahahaha!

6 hours ago, R T said:

LOL, that means I'm a lot cooler than the kids think. I am definitely a boomer, but closer to the end than the beginning. I'm just way cooler than you! LOL

5 hours ago, ThatJerkDave said:

He was born in the 70s?  I thought he was younger than me!  Hahahaha!

LOL! I don't act my age! I'm in my 60's. 

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, ThatJerkDave said:

I found a light jazz station on my way to pick up my car.  I hate jazz.  But at least it was music.  

As for MTV, I really miss the music video blocks.  It was even more fun real late at night when there was no rhyme or reason to the playlist, so you would get DMX followed by Hammerfall.  It was a pre-internet way to discover bands that I would not normally be exposed to.  But at some point it became the Bam Margera and Rob Drydick channel, and IMO that was unwatchable.  I really don't like the "reality tv" direction entertainment has taken since about 2000.  

First video ever played on MTV. August 1, 1981. I was not in college yet. 

The Buggles - Video Killed The Radio Star (Official Music Video) - Bing video

Edited by Old Guy
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

LOL, that means I'm a lot cooler than the kids think. I am definitely a boomer, but closer to the end than the beginning. I'm just way cooler than you! LOL

LOL! I don't act my age! I'm in my 60's. 

Most people who interact with me are surprised to find out that I am in my 40s.  Whether that is a good thing or a bad thing is to be determined.  I am among the oldest millennials, and I can blend pretty well with the GenXers as well, but these genZ kids need to get off my lawn! 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Most people who interact with me are surprised to find out that I am in my 40s.  Whether that is a good thing or a bad thing is to be determined.  I am among the oldest millennials, and I can blend pretty well with the GenXers as well, but these genZ kids need to get off my lawn! 

I have no idea how old most are. If I'm guessing of the posters I read regularly, I'm guessing @Packerraymond @CWood21 and @AlexGreen#20 are early to mid-30's. @incognito_man and @Norm probably a little older than those two also still in their 30's. 

@Leader and @R T are boomers who are older than me. 

No clue on many of the others. Although the two Rodgers sycophants who I think are the same person (Statboy and his other username I forget) are pretty young. 

2 hours ago, Old Guy said:

I have no idea how old most are. If I'm guessing of the posters I read regularly, I'm guessing @Packerraymond @CWood21 and @AlexGreen#20 are early to mid-30's. @incognito_man and @Norm probably a little older than those two also still in their 30's. 

@Leader and @R T are boomers who are older than me. 

No clue on many of the others. Although the two Rodgers sycophants who I think are the same person (Statboy and his other username I forget) are pretty young. 

I'm the Benjamin Button of Football Forums. When I was 14 people thought I was 40. I'm aging in reverse. 

Posted (edited)

I'm a 'Boomer' (born between 1946-1964) aged 72 (born in England 1951), and old enough to remember a time before TV was around............. and decades before personal computers were a thing. Old enough to remember the age of the crooners like Sinatra, Dean Martin, Andy Williams, Nat King Cole, before music was revolutionised and shaken up from about 1965 to 1970. It's not hard to discern my age by the music clips I sometimes attach to comments, they are often tracks from the 60s and 70s.

By 1970, the music had largely completed its upheavel from the age of single or multiple harmony singers, to mostly groups like the Beach Boys (though still lots of harmony singing there), Beatles, Stones, Kinks, Cream, Hendrix, Pink Floyd, Byrds, CSNY, etc. There were still individual singers like Dylan and Donovan around, but groups were the big thing, with most having at least a bass guitar, lead guitar and drums, with lots more keyboards added as the fast-advancing electronic technology pushed the creation of and capabilities of synthesizers.

Edited by OneTwoSixFive

12 hours ago, Zycho32 said:

Well I'm feeling less insecure about actually approaching the big Four-Oh(in about nine months) now.

I'm a year older than you are. Expect your sleep patterns to keep changing, some bladder soreness when you have to wee from time to time, and chronic, but manageable pain.

Unrelated. Happy 4th(Treason Day, you peasants) to those who celebrate. Please do not plan to play Jason Pierre-Paul for Halloween.

1 hour ago, wgbeethree said:

Henry Kissinger won a Noble Peace Price. Help make this make sense. 

Well it was split between Kissinger and the Communist Vietnamese Party in 1973, which probably should give you a real solid idea of the validity of the award. 

• Like 1