TAPT Version 71.0 Kent Branstetter never votes for an incumbent

8 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Honestly, when I want fried chicken, I just buy it.  I don't have to worry about the fried oil smell, cleaning the oil, disposing of the oil, and it is already cooked for me, so I don't have to do that.  Find a local grocery store or chicken place that you like.  Have I made better myself? Probably.  Have I also made much worse? Definitely.  

I kind of look at it like changing my car's oil.  Sure, I can do it.  But it costs just as much, takes twice as long, and I have to clean up afterwards.  

Also, fajitas, same problem as fried chicken.  But man, do I love me some fajitas.

Look at you Mr High-and-Mighty who got that fried chicken money

• Like 4

48 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Also, fajitas, same problem as fried chicken.  But man, do I love me some fajitas.

It costs more to cook at home, but home made fajitas are light years better than anything that I've had when eating out.

My key?  Freshly squeezed lime juice as a marinade on the chicken when it looks at high heat.

Then I squeeze more onto the veggies when they are towards the end of cooking.

Just adds another element of flavor.  And I do tend to char the chicken to get a little bit of that deep taste.

6 hours ago, Packer_ESP said:

I have one and I'm thinking about ditching it, we hardly ever use it. It's just a slightly quicker oven with much less capacity imho, at least for us. Granted, our cuisine is probably very different from yours so ymmv.

Our air fryer has been a game changer.  It's a great device if cooking for 1 or 2 people.  Other than holiday meals like Thanksgiving and Christmas, we rarely turn on our oven.

35 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

It costs more to cook at home, but home made fajitas are light years better than anything that I've had when eating out.

My key?  Freshly squeezed lime juice as a marinade on the chicken when it looks at high heat.

Then I squeeze more onto the veggies when they are towards the end of cooking.

Just adds another element of flavor.  And I do tend to char the chicken to get a little bit of that deep taste.

Lime juice is a necessity in making fajitas or tacos.  

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Is this how I tell the chicken is looking at high heat?

giphy.webp?cid=790b7611wxuwe79aq9qzsjsfh

58 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

Our air fryer has been a game changer.  It's a great device if cooking for 1 or 2 people.

Could be part of the issue, we're 5 at home so we usually cook in quite decent quantities. 

4 hours ago, vegas492 said:

So I do not have a Blackstone, but I did get a griddle and I put it on half of my Weber Gas grill.

It would be perfect for potato pancakes.   I gotta try that.  Get them to spread out on that griddle and cook on high heat.

Wish I could tell you where to go for good fish and good potato pancakes, but I've got nothing.

Hogg Alley in Delafield is pretty good.  Fish is quite good, potato pancakes are home made, but they are small and nothing to write home about.  Better than store bought crap, but nothing like an authentic potato pancake.

Kegels Inn in Stallis

2 hours ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Biggest surprise for me is that Pam Oliver got 25% of the vote over Shannon Sharpe.  

Some of the people on the list don't make sense....no way is Chris Fowler one of the 64 most annoying people covering football.

• Like 1