TAPT Version 71.0 Kent Branstetter never votes for an incumbent

1 hour ago, Mazrimiv said:

Is there a tradition of having a young, up and coming player on the Olympic team?  I honestly don't know.  That's the only way it makes sense for Clark to have a spot.  As for the "incredible" exposure this could be for women's basketball, I don't follow.  How does watching Clark ride the bench until garbage time translate to being a big win for the sport of women's basketball? She wouldn't start, or even be a primary reserve.  You seem to want her on the team because she's popular. That's dumb.

LOL on thinking ESPN will fire McAfee.  Not happening.  He's one of the few valuable on-air talents they still have, and he's delivering on everything they wanted/expected of him when they hired him.

There is the concept of "growing the game".  Clark being on the US Olympic team goes much further to doing that than probably any other player. 

Laettner was on the 92 dream team.  Was nothing close to what Clark is.

Is there a tradition of having a young, up and coming player on the Olympic team?  I honestly don't know.  That's the only way it makes sense for Clark to have a spot.  As for the "incredible" exposure this could be for women's basketball, I don't follow.  How does watching Clark ride the bench until garbage time translate to being a big win for the sport of women's basketball? She wouldn't start, or even be a primary reserve.  You seem to want her on the team because she's popular. That's dumb.

LOL on thinking ESPN will fire McAfee.  Not happening.  He's one of the few valuable on-air talents they still have, and he's delivering on everything they wanted/expected of him when they hired him.

I think the argument is that it gets them moved into a much better viewing slot, which picks up extra eyeballs just cause it's on when people are watching.  

Posted (edited)

What is dumb is how totally out of context you took my post. It was about an opportunity to grow the game. Look at the attendance of games this year with Clark playing vs. not playing. 

You drive advertising by the number of viewers. You grow the game by giving people what they want. Clark on the Olympic team would garner bigger ratings than without. It's a pretty simple concept. 

I hope I, "dumbed," my post down so you understand it. 

As for McAfee, the politically correct police are coming after him. Perhaps they don't get him, but they will keep trying. 

Edited by Old Guy

18 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

What is dumb is how totally out of context you took my post. It was about an opportunity to grow the game. Look at the attendance of games this year with Clark playing vs. not playing. 

You drive advertising by the number of viewers. You grow the game by giving people what they want. Clark on the Olympic team would garner bigger ratings than without. It's a pretty simple concept. 

I hope I, "dumbed," my post down so you understand it. 

As for McAfee, the politically correct police are coming after him. Perhaps they don't get him, but they will keep trying. 

I'll ask again.  How does watching Clark ride the bench until garbage time translate to being a big win for the sport of women's basketball? She wouldn't start, or even be a primary reserve.  You seem to want her on the team because she's popular. That's dumb.

I'm pretty sure they're leaving off Clark because she missed the Olympic event she was invited to because she was competing in the Final Four.  Also she's been playing Basketball with relatively little rest since early November, and the lack of rest probably has a lot to do with why she's not playing well now.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ThatJerkDave said:

I saw it on a couple of the commentary channels.  It is really funny.  Not sure that I believe her, I mean, that is a LOT of self pleasure to be constantly missing deadlines, that are probably days, not specific times.  And even then, I don't understand how the guy couldn't just do his job, keep his own favorite moments in a separate personal file, and do his own business after "work."  I mean, how difficult is it to edit a Pokimane video?

She is a bizarre phenomenon to me, the only reason I know who she is, is because she used to make ASMR videos, and those were very tame.  I don't know if I have seen a person with a more polarizing response, while simultaneously being so mundane.  As far as I can tell, she just watches youtube videos and sometimes plays video games.  But some dudes act like she is Aphrodite reborn, while others insist that she is a 4/10 on a good day, and they wouldn't even look at her twice if they saw her in public.  I just don't get it.  

Yeah I don't get it either. I mean she is pretty, but nothing to the extreme of obsessing over. I'd say she is a 7/10 in my book.

5 hours ago, squire12 said:

Laettner was on the 92 dream team.  Was nothing close to what Clark is.

Never did like Laettner but both were the player of the year in college bball the year before the Olympics.  The only difference is that Clark is a media darling while everyone but Dukies hated Laettner. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Eternal said:

Yeah I don't get it either. I mean she is pretty, but nothing to the extreme of obsessing over. I'd say she is a 7/10 in my book.

To me it is just the polarization.  It is like the Seinfeld episode where the lady is gorgeous from one angle and hideous from another, like the optical illusion.  I think it is the group of anti-fans that she seems to draw that interest me, like I just don't understand.  She is very easily avoided.  Like I said earlier, if she never made ASMR videos, I probably wouldn't have any idea who she was.  If they think she is that bad, how are they not avoiding her all together? Why go out of your way to see something you don't like? She isn't much different from the vloggers from the early days of youtube, it wasn't for me then, and it isn't for me now.  But I don't need to put anyone down about it.  

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Mazrimiv said:

I'll ask again.  How does watching Clark ride the bench until garbage time translate to being a big win for the sport of women's basketball? She wouldn't start, or even be a primary reserve.  You seem to want her on the team because she's popular. That's dumb.

It's not a win for Women's Basketball. It's a win for the wallets and bank accounts of those running Women's Basketball, as her name would probably bring attention and possibly more buy-ins, translating to more profit. That said, the fact they did not go with this approach is pretty disciplined of them, all things considered.

14 hours ago, thrILL! said:

Never did like Laettner but both were the player of the year in college bball the year before the Olympics.  The only difference is that Clark is a media darling while everyone but Dukies hated Laettner. 

Even at the time Laettner was a bit of a "one of these things is not like the others" pick for the team. 

3 minutes ago, Mr Bad Example said:

Even at the time Laettner was a bit of a "one of these things is not like the others" pick for the team. 

Haha for real.  It was bad enough that they ****ed over Isiah Thomas but to pick Laettner for the last spot?  lol

1 minute ago, thrILL! said:

Haha for real.  It was bad enough that they ****ed over Isiah Thomas but to pick Laettner for the last spot?  lol

TBF if anyone deserved that treatment, it was Thomas...great player but appears to have been a crappy person.  

11 minutes ago, Mr Bad Example said:

TBF if anyone deserved that treatment, it was Thomas...great player but appears to have been a crappy person.  

He was top 2 PGs in the league so he should’ve gone. The Last Dance hasn’t helped the narrative about him since but Mike is also world class petty so that was to be expected lol.  

• Like 1