Offseason Thread: DeRozan to the Kings!

11sanchez11

On 7/1/2024 at 3:51 PM, WhyAmIHere said:

they'd have to get rid of Kuminga, and I think Lacob is unwilling to move Kuminga.  Moving Kuminga would mean they've absolutely FAILED with their three lottery picks in two years...including two lottery picks in one of the most talented drafts in recent memory. 

It starts with Kuminga and works from there.  I'd imagine it's Podz, Kuminga, plus 2 or 3 FRPs minimum.

On 7/1/2024 at 3:51 PM, WhyAmIHere said:

they'd have to get rid of Kuminga, and I think Lacob is unwilling to move Kuminga.  Moving Kuminga would mean they've absolutely FAILED with their three lottery picks in two years...including two lottery picks in one of the most talented drafts in recent memory. 

It really depends on what player they can get in return. The Warriors have shown in the recent past they are very willing to trade the future if it means getting another ring with Steph.

Posted (edited)

If they trade or keep Kuminga it doesn’t matter. They still failed with those draft picks. Missing out on Wiseman was inexcusable. Then they held on to long and messed with any trade value he had. Sold way too late on him. 

Danny Ainge is gonna take advantage of Lacob so bad if they do work out a trade for Lauri.

Think it would be terrible management if the Jazz don’t trade Lauri this offseason. Don’t think his trade value will get higher than it is right now. Plus can get more based off teams being desperate 

Edited by agarcia34
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, CWood21 said:

It starts with Kuminga and works from there.  I'd imagine it's Podz, Kuminga, plus 2 or 3 FRPs minimum.

A team with Steph and Lauri isn’t really doing anything in the west.  Draymond and Wiggins are just average pieces at this point.  The Warriors are stuck unless they blow it up.  

On 7/1/2024 at 8:22 PM, adamq said:

Kuminga is the future there. 

Good deal for GS, better to get rid of him and net something in return than letting him come back. Wiggins needs to go next but they probably wouldn't be able to find a partner

Both 2nd rnd picks coming from Hornets  -  Least favorable in 2025 (Denver/Philadelphia) and a 2031 2nd rnd

So a worthless pick in the 50s next yr and another 7 yrs from now.   

It's something

Posted (edited)

I don't think Spurs will get Lauri, but CP3/Vassell/Lauri/anybody/Wemby would be a fun starting 5.
Hopefully CP3 helps Castle progress as much as he helped Shai.
Spurs need to package up Tre Jones/Sochan/Keldon for a decent 3nD guy. Emphasis on the 3 over the D, but they need both.
Hopefully Atlanta gives us a top 5 pick. Will be rooting for them to fail. Don't need Flagg or Ace or Traore or Harper, but give me Demin or Hugo or someone who can shoot lights out.

Edited by Jeezla

5 hours ago, DirtyDez said:

A team with Steph and Lauri isn’t really doing anything in the west.  Draymond and Wiggins are just average pieces at this point.  The Warriors are stuck unless they blow it up.  

Keep the young dudes and start building for the future. They can be competitive without Lauri, and he's not making them a championship team.

Posted (edited)

Warriors building for the future while having Steph in his prime is what got them in this situation. Trade those picks. Lauri would be a better fit offensively and defensively than PG would have been. While it doesn’t make them a contender. It could lead to a good start then another trade at the deadline. 

Aside from OKC no one in the West really got better. Foolish to not go for it if you can get this trade done

Edited by agarcia34
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, StatKing said:

It really depends on what player they can get in return. The Warriors have shown in the recent past they are very willing to trade the future if it means getting another ring with Steph.

They haven’t shown any willingness to trade the future. They did that whole 2 generations on the roster thing that blew up in their faces. Wiseman was a disaster of a pick, Moody is pretty worthless and although Kuminga shows potential he isn’t ready to contribute to a real contender. They screwed up badly holding onto those picks and not trading them for veteran players. They could have been competitive for much longer. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

Warriors building for the future while having Steph in his prime is what got them in this situation. Trade those picks. Lauri would be a better fit offensively and defensively than PG would have been. While it doesn’t make them a contender. It could lead to a good start then another trade at the deadline. 

Aside from OKC no one in the West really got better. Foolish to not go for it if you can get this trade done

What got them in this situation was Wiseman busting. They swung for the fences, and it didn't pan out. Lauri Markanen isn't making them a championship contender with the current roster. There's no reason to sell the farm for him right now.

Posted (edited)

I still think Moody can be a good player. He does well when given consistent minutes. Kerr just refuses to keep him in the rotation, and his progression has stalled. I thought losing Klay would finally give him a more consistent role, but then they signed Melton and Anderson.

#FreeMoody

Edited by seminoles1

Welp, no MLE for the Lakers anymore. I still think there are some players out there who'd be worth it, but I guess the players weren't interested or LeBron didn't deem them worthy of a pay cut.

Warriors are either signing players to stall the development of the young players again or they’re signing these players cause another move possibly gonna be made.

Warriors should have never used that 2nd overall pick. It should have been traded. Building for the future while Steph is there. Kerr system was never rookie friendly. It was dumb for them to even think it could work. It’s why Kuminga and Moody haven’t taken off like they should have because of Kerr and his ways of just not fully giving in and allowing these players to grow. 

I think the west is wide open. I think a lot of the teams didn’t improve or basically stayed the same. 

• 11sanchez11 changed the title to Offseason Thread: DeRozan to the Kings!