Training Camp 2024 Discussion

5 hours ago, malak1 said:

I'll never forgive Ryan Pace. 

It's weird that one football person named Pace was really great at his job (Rams OT Orlando Pace), and another Pace in the NFL was really bad at his job.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mr.UFO said:

It's weird that one football person named Pace was really great at his job (Rams OT Orlando Pace), and another Pace in the NFL was really bad at his job.

The good Pace was really bad when he played for CHI though, so neither worked out in Chicago.

• Like 1

Saints: 

- OL: Fuaga is going to be really good. After looking solid for the first half of camp, Trevor Penning reverted back to being a complete liability this week. I'd be surprised if the Saints trust him to be a starter this year. I'm leaning toward saying that his career is approaching its end. He'll probably find a way to bounce around the league, but he's simply not a very good player.

- QB: Carr looks better this year. More comfortable and I trust that the system will be better. Not to say the Saints offense will be a whole lot better, but they won't be worse than last year's dumpster fire. Rattler definitely has some ability. He's still far behind Carr right now. If things get out of hand for Carr, Rattler could potentially get an opportunity, but I wouldn't bet on it. The problem is that Dennis Allen's HC career is hanging by a thread. He's not looking toward 2025. And if he's out in 2025, I'd imagine the Saints draft a QB in the 1st round with a new HC.

- RB: Kamara is still Kamara. He's really good and there's a big difference between him and the younger backs in regard to talent. His run blocking has been atrocious the last few years, and we'll have to see if that improves. I wouldn't bet on any other RB on this roster, Kendre Miller included. He doesn't look like anything special and is always hurt. If you're in fantasy trying to scope out the Saints RB2, don't bother.

- WR: Olave and Shaheed are going to be a great tandem, but the key is staying healthy. Those are the only two Saints receivers that I'd touch in fantasy. UDFA Tipton has been very good as well, but he hurt his hamstring. If he can't get back for the preseason, I wouldn't be surprised if the Saints release him and hope to sneak him on the practice squad. The other Saints receivers, including AT Perry have been underwhelming.

- TE: Taysom Hill is still a stud, definitely among the most underrated players in the league and unique players in NFL history. Juwan Johnson is hurt, per tradition. UDFA Dallin Holker is a keeper, but he is still likely 4th behind Hill, Johnson, and Moreau. But Hill plays different roles and the other two TEs have frequent heal concerns, so Holker could get his opportunity. I'd imagine that the Saints will likely release Holker and add him to practice squad.

- DL: Chase Young has been excellent, granted there are concerns on the Saints OL. With Granderson, Cam Jordan, and Chase Young, the Saints DE situation is sneaky good. Breese has looked solid, and will be a really good rotational DT. The Saints DL is pretty strong.

- LB: Demario Davis has been hurt this offseason, but he'll be ready when the time comes, per tradition. Pete Werner has looked really good, and he looks like he's going to take a step forward (if he can stay healthy, which has been an issue)

- DB: Nothing too surprising here. Lattimore is available sometimes and is pretty good when he is. The Saints have a few other really solid options at CB but not as good as Lattimore. Honey Badger is still a really good player, and the Saints are pursuing Justin Simmons.

23 hours ago, Mr.UFO said:

How about Vince Lombardi spawning Joe Lombardi while Michael Lombardi is just out there somewhere on the McAfee show doing ayahuasca?

4 minutes ago, Soko said:

Dak being held out with ankle soreness.

Is this setting up a legendary hold-in? 

Please go Full Emmitt Smith!! Whether Dak or Lamb? Absolutely comical if both did it. 

Jerry and Son are idiots for letting this get to this point.

10 hours ago, Blackstar12 said:

So glad AD dropped to the Colts.

I had him as the better WR than Worthy. If he can keep his head on straight, he's going to be great.

• Like 2