Preseason Game 2 @ Denver Broncos

2 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

I know how dumb it sounds for a preseason game but it kind of seems like MLF set the tone that we didn’t give a **** about that game

He announced pretty early that starters weren’t going out there. I don’t know, but I don’t really want them going out there much next week either. A bad rolled ankle and you’re missing the opener. But that means starters rolling into the opener without as many full speed and contact reps. Who knows but not how I would plan it out.

24 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

You got to give a lot of young guys reps against guys who are more experienced than they are.  For some this will be a learning experience.

Bullcrap .. learning experience??  That is what happens every day in practice.  It was an *** kicking pure and simple.  There wasn't much learned tonight except who will be gone sooner than later.  Whoever paid good money for that game got took unless it was a Denver fan and then again .. it was meaningless.  

1 minute ago, Arthur Penske said:

I know how dumb it sounds for a preseason game but it kind of seems like MLF set the tone that we didn’t give a **** about that game

What a terrible week though .. got outclassed in practice by a middling Broncos team, and then totally phoned it in during the game.  We knew the first half would be rough after sitting more than 30 players, but once the Broncos starters were done for the day the Packers should have had a fighting chance.  The Packers seem to have some depth issues on the OLine, which will be a problem if our starts get banged up.  The backup QBs aren't good enough.  Our kickers are subpar.  

So, what did we learn?

-Our second string offensive line is no match for starters, pretty much to a man.

-Eric Wilson, Ty'Ron Hopper, Kristian Welch, and Evan Williams are all over the place.  

-Despite some positive camp reports/showings, Kalen King is not ready for prime time.

-There is no evidence that the kicking game for this team will be anything other than a negative this season.

9 minutes ago, coachbuns said:

Bullcrap .. learning experience??  That is what happens every day in practice.  It was an *** kicking pure and simple.  There wasn't much learned tonight except who will be gone sooner than later.  Whoever paid good money for that game got took unless it was a Denver fan and then again .. it was meaningless.  

The tickets i saw online were as low as $27