53 Man Roster & Practice Squad Discussion Thread

In case some of you want to know our draft picks status heading into the 25' draft currently. There's been a lot of movement.

Commanders 2025 NFL Draft picks after John Ridgeway III trade

• Round No. 1
  • Round No. 2
  • Round No. 3
  • Round No. 3
  • Round No. 4
  • Round No. 6
  • Round No. 6
  • Round No. 7

4 hours ago, RSkinGM said:

I wish we could trade for a legit D E that can be counted on for pressure . If we don't have the worse D Es in the league- tell me who does ? I guess we'll be sending CBs and LBs on third downs ! Safeties too ! 

The Cardinals. 

3 hours ago, aceinthehouse said:

In case some of you want to know our draft picks status heading into the 25' draft currently. There's been a lot of movement.

• Round No. 1 - our own
  • Round No. 2 - our own
  • Round No. 3 - our own
  • Round No. 3 - better of Miami/Philly I think
  • Round No. 4 - our own
  • Round No. 6 - our own
  • Round No. 6 - Saints
  • Round No. 7 - not sure which one so let's just guess we have the higher of the two which is maybe Philly by way of Atlanta

Is this correct if I took it one step further? 

3 hours ago, aceinthehouse said:

• Round No. 1
  • Round No. 2
  • Round No. 3
  • Round No. 3
  • Round No. 4
  • Round No. 6
  • Round No. 6
  • Round No. 7

I'm not sure this is right. I'm confident 1/2/3/3/4/6 (extra 3rd being Philly's) being right. However, our original 7th rounder went to the Steelers (plus William Jackson III) in exchange for a 6th. In addition, we got two from Philly. Their own and... some other one? In addition to that, we traded one of those two 7ths to the Browns for Cade York. And finally, we traded the other one and Ridgeway for another 6th. So it should be 3 6th rounders (Pittsburgh's, New Orleans's, and our own) and no 7th rounders (Pittsburgh has ours, Cleveland has one of the ones we got from Philly, and New Orleans has the other we got from Philly).

Reference for the WJ III trade: https://www.commanders.com/news/commanders-trade-cb-william-jackson-iii-to-steelers-for-draft-picks#:~:text=The Washington Commanders announced that,Both transactions are pending physicals.

8 hours ago, aceinthehouse said:

• Round No. 1
  • Round No. 2
  • Round No. 3
  • Round No. 3
  • Round No. 4
  • Round No. 6
  • Round No. 6
  • Round No. 7

I wouldn’t call that a lot of movement 

1 hour ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

5 people I’m most anxious to watch:

Jayden Daniels, Jeremy Chinn, Frankie Luvu, Ben Sinnott, Kliff Kingsbury

What 5 people are you most looking forward to seeing?

1) Jayden Daniels

2)Bobby Wagner

3)Frankie Luvu

4)Terry McLaurin 

5)Ben Sinnott 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, lavar703 said:

This roster is awful. I have no clue why they would make a trade for a big name player at this point in the game? As currently constructed, with a rookie QB at the helm, this is a 4-5 win team. It makes no sense to give up more draft assets. I already dislike the fact that Peters keeps adding picks onto every trade he makes. 

You didn't like the Ridgeway trade?

On 8/28/2024 at 3:53 PM, lavar703 said:

What lol. How is he not worth more than a 6th to us? Just whatever 

Allen

Payne

Newton 

Mathis

Ridgeway was headed out the door.

All are ahead of him on the depth chart. His trade value was basically as a 7th rounder because teams would rather throw that to us than take the chance of not getting him on waivers. But there's no way they were going to value him more than as a 7th rounder.

So we traded two "7ths" (Ridgeway's value as a 7th plus a 7th round pick), for a 6th round pick. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

Allen

Payne

Newton 

Mathis

All are ahead of him on the depth chart. His trade value was basically as a 7th rounder because teams would rather throw that to us than take the chance of not getting him on waivers. But there's no way they were going to value him more than as a 7th rounder.

So we traded two "7ths" (Ridgeway's value as a 7th plus a 7th round pick), for a 6th round pick. 

Ridgeway is worthless to us if Newton and Mathis are healthy.  By that account anything is better than nothing.  On the other hand, if Newton and Mathis can't be regular contributors, we got a problem.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, aceinthehouse said:

• Round No. 1
  • Round No. 2
  • Round No. 3
  • Round No. 3
  • Round No. 4
  • Round No. 6
  • Round No. 6
  • Round No. 7

One thing I will say is at least he’s getting picks where he can. And after seeing this last draft I’m excited too see where they go this next offseason in FA and the draft. But first I’m really excited to see the team grow

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Thaiphoon said:

Allen

Payne

Newton 

Mathis

RIdgeway has shown more than Mathis and I'm pretty sure he's younger. Why not keep the one who's consistently shown more promise?