Week 1 @ Philadelphia Eagles in Brazil Leadup and Countdown

5 minutes ago, R T said:

I'm thinking the Packers lose this game with a score like 24-22, the new kicker misses 2 of his 3 XP's and misses on a FG try as time expires to hand the win to the Eagles.  

Hey hey hey. No. Packers by 19. Same kicker woes. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Mr Bad Example said:

Generally, when you look at the numbers QBs that end on a hot streak tend to regress to what their numbers were over the entire season. 

Which if we get a guy who's throwing TDS on 5.5% of his passes with a 64% comp and 96+ rating, we're doing ok. I'd like to see the int rate go down a bit though.

this is what I'm getting at.

He's better than the qb we saw in the first half of the season.  And the team is better too.

He's probably not quite the player we saw after week 10 and into the playoffs.  That player would be runaway MVP. 

But Expecting GB passing game to be somewhere in the 3rd-8th range with elite production in the NFL I think is a totally realistic projection.  In the context of "passing game" this arrow is pointing way up. 

But the last 8 games GB played last year is an unsustainable pace.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Brit Pack said:

I'm of the belief that Jones played a large part in making Love so good down the stretch and that Jacobs is no Jones.

Nope, he’s better.  Which of the two led the league in rushing despite having bums for QBs, running behind an inferior OL and facing constant stacked boxes?  We all love Jones but nostalgia is a MF lol. 

• Like 2

Feel like our offense will underperform lofty expectations and our defense will overperform lowered expectations.

If our OL consistently wins vs their front 7, we win. Otherwise we lose. They have some players up front, but if we neutralize, our WRs and Love should beat their secondary.

I really have no idea what to expect. PHI has some studs and coaches who have had had previous success. Good litmus test for this young team. 

Feels like a real 50/50 game to me. I don't have a strong opinion one way or another.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Feel like our offense will underperform lofty expectations and our defense will overperform lowered expectations.

If our OL consistently wins vs their front 7, we win. Otherwise we lose. They have some players up front, but if we neutralize, our WRs and Love should beat their secondary.

I really have no idea what to expect. PHI has some studs and coaches who have had had previous success. Good litmus test for this young team. 

Feels like a real 50/50 game to me. I don't have a strong opinion one way or another.

it feels like a 50/50 game that will be a blowout in one direction or another. 

Just hard to say there's so many variables with the game being in brazil AND it being week 1 AND there being triple coordinator turnover from year to year between the 2 teams.

Packers by 12; Eagles still can't tackle is the storyline I'll go for.

Edited by skibrett15

2 hours ago, R T said:

I'm thinking the Packers lose this game with a score like 24-22, the new kicker misses 2 of his 3 XP's and misses on a FG try as time expires to hand the win to the Eagles.  

Guess it would fit the hopefull parallels;

2 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

it feels like a 50/50 game that will be a blowout in one direction or another. 

Just hard to say there's so many variables with the game being in brazil AND it being week 1 AND there being triple coordinator turnover from year to year between the 2 teams.

Packers by 12; Eagles still can't tackle is the storyline I'll go for.

For those reasons you mention, I feel like the takeaway(s) from this game won't be useful in even a few weeks.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Jacobs might be better than Jones TBH

They have different games but one thing about Jacobs, he can handle a heavy workload and Jones really couldn't do that, especially at this point in his career. Jones made sense when the Packers thought Dillon was a bonafide No. 2 to split carries. Once that faded last year I'm guessing Gute was pretty intent on landing a bell cow back. Jacobs is exactly that. 

31 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

They have different games but one thing about Jacobs, he can handle a heavy workload and Jones really couldn't do that, especially at this point in his career. Jones made sense when the Packers thought Dillon was a bonafide No. 2 to split carries. Once that faded last year I'm guessing Gute was pretty intent on landing a bell cow back. Jacobs is exactly that. 

Yep, I think MLF loves Jacobs and has big plans for him. He is underrated and underutilized as a receiving back. I think he's being overlooked. I think he might be a top 3 fantasy RB this year. 

Really good chance to put up the best numbers since Ahman.

• Like 1