Week 1: VIKINGS (0-0) at Giants (0-0)

swede700

Game 1

NFL_Vikings_zpsce61d576.gif?width=320&heat NFL_Giants.gif?width=160&height=106&fit=

When:  1:00 PM EDT, September 8th

Where: MetLife Stadium (East Rutherford, NJ)

TV/Radio: FOX (TV), KFAN 100.3 (Radio);

Announcers: Kenny Albert, Jonathan Vilma, Megan Olivi

Coverage Map:  https://506sports.com/2024/01-FOX-E.png

Notable Injuries:

Vikings - Questionable: None, Doubtful: None, Out: None

Giants - Questionable: None, Doubtful: None, Out: None 

Please keep all discussion about the game here.

Edited by swede700

I'm excited to get our first look at Darnold. If Addison can't go I expect Nailor to step up and take a little pressure off of Jets.

Also excited to see our new look defense in action, I think they'll be pleasantly surprising this year.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

Least excited I’ve been in a long time for a season opener. Very pessimistic about Darnold and don’t really have much to look forward to in terms of the midseason replacement since the rookie is out for the year. 

I can't say I'm excited, but I've also had a lot of other things going on in life, so I'm not really as prepared as normal.  But, I do think this will be an interesting year...I'm actually looking more forward to seeing the defense in action in Year 2 of the Flores era.  I really think the defense is going to carry this team and any success they have will be contingent on it.

Huge game.  The schedule is so tough that a statement has to be made in this game.  What statement will that be?  Vikings win 31-17, including a defensive TD.  Darnold has a passer rating of 79.5 with 342 yards, 1 touchdown and 1 interception in 2 games against the Giants, and he was sacked 5 times.  We have a better offensive line than he had before, and the Giants secondary is very young and could be exploited.  On the other side Nabors will likely score, but not enough.  Edge to Vikings.  Skol!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, wcblack34 said:

Seeing as how the Vikings are last in the NFC North, I don't think it's hyperbole to say that this is a "must-win" game.

What? We're tied for first! 

Get your half-empty glass out of here. 

• Like 4

I literally have zero idea how the O is going to do this year, but my expectations are medium at best. Really bummed about McCarthy not getting some time this year. The OL still makes me nervous, for sure. I think RB is clearly better, and WR should be better with a healthy JJ. But that interior.....not thrilled. 

On D? I'd just run up the middle against this team until they show they can stop it. No team (almost) is built to do that, though, so the D might, might, might work (still not in love with the DBs).

• Like 1

Trying to stop Malik Nabers will be tough. 

Thankfully his QB might help us out. 

I see this as a transition year. Still, as long as we don't beat ourselves like we did last year early and often last season, we should win this one. 

Oh and those HIDEOUS Giants uniforms! We have to beat them!!

Vikings better get a W against the Giants, they will be the underdog in the next 6 games in a row no question about it.

It would be hard!  Saw the Vikings were the 5th hardest schedule in the NFL projected, and in terms of those first 7 games, outside of the Giants doubt any team in the NFL has to go through that brutal stretch, it could be rough but who knows...