Week 1: VIKINGS (0-0) at Giants (0-0)

swede700

2 minutes ago, viking said:

Jones looked explosive & was an efficient runner

Turner got a sack as a situational rusher 

Thanks man, good to hear. Two of my favorites on your team. Looks like you upgraded at QB also. I warned people not to count you guys out this season. I could see 3 playoff teams coming out of this division. Gonna be a fun year!

• Like 6

14 minutes ago, St Vince said:

Just coming here to ask how my boy Aaron Jones  looked today?

you already got your answer, but he had 94 yards rushing and another 15 yards receiving.

he had really knife edge, slipping through the line type of runs, as i remember, of 10, 12, 12, and 19 yards.

had a ypc of 6.7 too.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, St Vince said:

Thanks man, good to hear. Two of my favorites on your team. Looks like you upgraded at QB also. I warned people not to count you guys out this season. I could see 3 playoff teams coming out of this division. Gonna be a fun year!

Y'know, I never really minded people thinking we'll be one of the weaker teams this season, but it was always from such weak analysis IMO. I swear, people just see Cousins to Darnold and just went "bad" and moved on from there. Every year teams move up and down and I understand why the Vikings were an easy pick to move down. Going from a top ten QB to a perceived major bust just makes that choice easy, but I swear people don't know anything about this team pass that.

One thing this year can do is plant KOC as one of the best HCs in the league. Right now, I feel like people put him in the middle, unsure where to rank him (most people seem like him, but no one is willing to go to bat for him yet), but if the Vikings are still one of the best offenses in the league with a QB who everyone thought might be the worst in the league, there's no way to deny his talent as an offensive mind at least.

• Like 8

46 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

who was everybody's favorite player in this game?

i liked Rip Van Ginkle's quickness and savvy. one of those guys who's "always around the ball."

Next Gen Stats @NextGenStats

Andrew Van Ginkel picked off Daniel Jones in 1.16 seconds, the fastest interception since Week 13, 2023 when Van Ginkel intercepted Sam Howell in 1.26 seconds.

Van Ginkel is now responsible for the two fastest interceptions over the last two seasons.

• Like 3

I remember Van Ginkel doing basically the exact same thing in his Wisconsin career with an INT for a TD, he has great football awareness obviously.

Love the Vikings moving Ward into DT at times in the pass rush, Stephon Gilmore is outstanding and really stabilized that secondary letting Murphy be the slot which was a huge need.  Griffin was not too bad either.  Impressive win and it was all about the run game, Aaron Jones looked great and so did Ty Chandler, combined they had over 100 yards rushing and 40 yards receiving.  And how about Patrick Jones, wow did he play well, glad they did not cut him which could have happened potentially.  

Solid first game but is the easiest in honestly what is one of the hardest next 6 out of 7 weeks (one being a bye week) stretches in the NFL.  Over that time span no way any NFL team has a harder schedule, coming up 49ers, Houston, Green Bay and the Jets.  Nuts but will show a lot no question, going 2-2 in those four would be outstanding but more realistic is 1-3.  Then Lions and Rams going 1-1 through that would be great and that would put them 4-3 in an ideal world and what is honestly almost best case scenario.

Great first game though, love how the defense fought the entire game despite having the Giants deep in scoring position multiple times late in that game and holding them on 4th down or getting a turnover.  And Giants with Dexter Lawrence he is as good as it gets as interior DT in the NFL and Burns is great and so is Thibodeaux so they held up really well, lucky for them the Giants have bad depth and not so great CBs either, and their LBs are so so also which helped gash them in the run game.  

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Ozzy said:

Solid first game but is the easiest in honestly what is one of the hardest next 6 out of 7 weeks (one being a bye week) stretches in the NFL.  Over that time span no way any NFL team has a harder schedule, coming up 49ers, Houston, Green Bay and the Jets.  Nuts but will show a lot no question, going 2-2 in those four would be outstanding but more realistic is 1-3.  Then Lions and Rams going 1-1 through that would be great and that would put them 4-3 in an ideal world and what is honestly almost best case scenario.

I think we can beat the Packers without Love.

• Like 5

12 hours ago, St Vince said:

I got stuck watching da Bears and their generational QB. Just coming here to ask how my boy Aaron Jones and Dallas Turner looked today?

Thanks for letting Jones go. I'll leave it at that. 

and to be completely fair to you guys, I was so wrong about Jayden Reed. He's a stud and looks like a young Deebo Samuel. Even without Love for a few weeks he'll still produce.

29 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Sure but is he really out for that long?  I have not heard anything.  

3-6 weeks is what’s being reported, and Green Bay has a history of playing it safe with injuries. If Love is out for 3 weeks, he’ll miss the game against the Vikings. 

However, his availability could get interesting based on how they do against Indianapolis and Titans. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

3-6 weeks is what’s being reported, and Green Bay has a history of playing it safe with injuries. If Love is out for 3 weeks, he’ll miss the game against the Vikings. 

However, his availability could get interesting based on how they do against Indianapolis and Titans. 

Well that is good and changes things, still in that stretch being 3-4 would be outstanding and even getting that 3rd victory not sure who it is up against.  Who knows maybe Aaron Rodgers sucks now or something....  but Detroit and the LA Rams looked very good, Rams were solid with both starting OTs out, that is a big deal considering how awful the Browns were with both starting OTs out against the Cowboys.

Having no Love on Green Bay changes things but who knows maybe they pickup Ryan Tannehill or something and have success like Browns did last year with Joe Flacco for a little.  Willis is hard to deal with in the run game and if they just focus on that they could be hard to beat still.  

Packers are far harder to deal with now than when Aaron Rodgers got hurt, they are a better deeper team than back then when Rodgers was that organization and without him they were awful, not sure they will be awful without Love but we will see.  

• Like 1