GDT Week 1: Browns vs Cowboys

candyman93

Home game. If we want to be a serious team and compete within the window we are built for, these are the types of games we should win. Again, this is going to start with what we get out of our quarterback play this season. I really have little idea what to expect Sunday. 

• Like 3

For all of the narratives on SPARQ and age, Bell and Ika in the third round were complete outliers and here we are before their rookie deals are up with 2 Day 2 picks thrown in the dumpster.

They were egregious picks at the time destined to fail and the type of guys you target in about R6 if at all.

Edited by MWil23
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, MWil23 said:

For all of the narratives on SPARQ and age, Bell and Ika in the third round were complete outliers and here we are before their rookie deals are up with 2 Day 2 picks thrown in the dumpster.

They were egregious picks at the timed destined to fail and the type of guys you target in about R6 if at all.

Neither were picks I liked, but Bell was at least defensible based on his production. Ika was… well… something.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, NateDawg said:

Home game. If we want to be a serious team and compete within the window we are built for, these are the types of games we should win. Again, this is going to start with what we get out of our quarterback play this season. I really have little idea what to expect Sunday. 

The bolded is so true.

Preseason is never a great indicator of much, but this year, we learned absolutely nothing during preseason (good or bad).

• Like 3

On 9/6/2024 at 6:12 AM, NateDawg said:

Won of the key stats if Dallas gets a turnover they are 12 wins 1loss I believe Cleveland lead the league in Turnovers last year.

8 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

I wonder if Stefanski learned his lesson with the Elijah Moore trick plays that never worked. 

I think he’s a great coach and I like a lot of what he does schematically, but I’ll be honest I see none of the same things in Moore that he does.

To me he’s a a speedy slot who can work underneath and take the top off if the defense is complacent.  I’ve yet to see the boundary skills or dynamic playmaking that Stefanski seems to think he has.

It’s like he thinks he’s Percy Harvin or Deebo when imo he’s closer to, idk, Dennis Northcutt.

27 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I think he’s a great coach and I like a lot of what he does schematically, but I’ll be honest I see none of the same things in Moore that he does.

To me he’s a a speedy slot who can work underneath and take the top off if the defense is complacent.  I’ve yet to see the boundary skills or dynamic playmaking that Stefanski seems to think he has.

It’s like he thinks he’s Percy Harvin or Deebo when imo he’s closer to, idk, Dennis Northcutt.

Agree that Moore wasn't used well last year. I wonder if that's partly because we didn't have a great second boundary receiver and Stefanski was just trying to get the ball in Moore's hands and let him make plays. Hopefully he uses him in the slot more often this year.