2024 WEEK 1 | vs Cheeseheads in Brazil

Kiltman

11 minutes ago, Spartacus said:

You guys actually play your starters at all in preseason? Packers got one drive with like 3 plays before a TD and then never saw the field again while the defense I think played a drive or two. I agree wholeheartedly although this game might be important by end of year it really isn't going to show up about who these teams are outside of how easily they can knock the rust off. 

Offense never played. Defense played at some positions sparingly. 

44 minutes ago, Spartacus said:

You guys actually play your starters at all in preseason? Packers got one drive with like 3 plays before a TD and then never saw the field again while the defense I think played a drive or two. I agree wholeheartedly although this game might be important by end of year it really isn't going to show up about who these teams are outside of how easily they can knock the rust off. 

Our offensive starters played zero preseason snaps

2 hours ago, Spartacus said:

Be interesting to see if either or both teams come out flat. That said Good Guys 100 Patriots 0. 

You think the Bengals are going to be that good or NE just that bad? 🍺

I do think the Josh Jacobs addition, isn't getting enough hype. Kids a beast. 

Stopping the run will be key. In many ways the Packers and Eagles are in similar boats. Defenses all year will have to pick their poison when facing these two teams. Choose what to stop. Saquon/Josh and Mobile QB'S or the passing attack.

Going to be hard to do both. 

Edited by Nabbs4u
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

I do think the Josh Jacobs addition, isn't getting enough hype. Kids a beast. 

Stopping the run will be key. In many ways the Packers and Eagles are in similar boats. Defenses all year will have to pick their poison when facing these two teams. Choose what to stop. Saquon/Josh and Mobile QB'S or the passing attack.

Going to be hard to do both. 

I don’t think it gets a ton of hype cause when healthy Aaron Jones was really good. He just wasn’t able to stay healthy recently so Jacobs was the more reliable option. I don’t think Jacobs is a massive talent upgrade the way Saquon was for the Eagles. 

10 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

I don’t think it gets a ton of hype cause when healthy Aaron Jones was really good. He just wasn’t able to stay healthy recently so Jacobs was the more reliable option. I don’t think Jacobs is a massive talent upgrade the way Saquon was for the Eagles. 

Pretty much lateral move which is pretty decent all things considered when replacing a back like Jones. TBH Jones may be one of the more underrated RBs in the NFL for just how good he is. Problem with him will always be with his size and age you simply need to split carries with him. Jacobs can take almost all of the carries going forward which is nice. 

Think you guys smash those bozos. Jalen just needs his as grabbed the first 10 series to get that motor started. Really interested to see how good Saquaon looks. Anything less than 180 YFS would be a disappointment tbh. For years it was his oline! Now he’s running behind one of the best. 

4 minutes ago, Scalamania said:

People thought Devin White was somehow going to miraculously be better here while history showed he's a bum - but hey! at least he's fast! /s

I know I simply hoped he was less trash than the trash we previously had…. But ya this is not a good sign for him. 

I have heard Dean had a really good camp after a rough week one so the cope angle here is that Dean really earned his spot. I do think Vic wants to feature him in the blitz which would highlight his strengths more imo. Guess we get answers soon though.