Opening Night GDT 9/5: Baltimore Ravens @ Kansas City Chiefs

Chiefer

Just now, CriminalMind said:

Lamar played scared. Didn’t want to sit in the pocket to deliver thoughts over the middle. So a lot of scramble plays. 

Eh, I think it was more the Ravens o-line being bad. I didn't see Lamar bailout on many clean pockets tonight. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Soko said:

Dude did not have a “very good game”, stop it. Very good game running it, absolutely. 

Funny-1187.jpg

Lamar is fine. Not great, but fine. The offensive line in pass pro was not doing him much favors on a lot of those dropbacks. Hard to do when you have Chris Jones breathing down your neck. That missed pass in the endzone in crunch time did look ugly though. 

Bigger issue was the lack of Derrick Henry really being able to do anything to help elevate some pressure. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CriminalMind said:

Lamar played scared. Didn’t want to sit in the pocket to deliver thoughts over the middle. So a lot of scramble plays. 

Yeah, he should have just sat in the collapsing pocket.

• Like 1

Just now, TecmoSuperJoe said:

Funny-1187.jpg

Lamar is fine. Not great, but fine. The offensive line in pass pro was not doing him much favors on a lot of those dropbacks. Hard to do when you have Chris Jones breathing down your neck. That missed pass in the endzone in crunch time did look ugly though. 

Bigger issue was the lack of Derrick Henry really being able to do anything to help elevate some pressure. 

Derrick Henry is a product of the OL. When he's getting hit in the backfield while getting the ball, not much he's gonna do.

We saw on the first drive what kind of impact he can have, but the Ravens went away from that immediately, probably beacuse week 1 and they don't have a ton installed yet at this point.

I expect more as the season goes along but I mean yeah he was largely ineffective outside of those short yardage situations

4 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Ravens did this protection on the last 2 plays and both times I thought Chris Jones was going to pick up lil Justice Hill and just carry him into Lamar.

Hill held his own both times somehow

Think it works because Jones is worried about over-pursuing.

• Like 1

Harbaugh cost his team the win. Bad use of timeouts and decisions.

Despite being down all 2H, runs through his Timeouts. Down 27-17, he goes for 4th down instead of the field goal. Makes the 4th down, but proceeds to burn 3 minutes off the clock to only kick the 3 anyway. Baltimore ran out of time