Opening Night GDT 9/5: Baltimore Ravens @ Kansas City Chiefs

Chiefer

45 minutes ago, Jakuvious said:

Apparently Lamar says he was targeting Bateman on the miss in the end zone? That feels...worse, right?

I don't think so? He was saying Bateman was his read and at the last second spotted Flowers and tried to adjust and it ended up in the middle in no-man's land. It's only worse if you're acting like he was saying he was trying to throw it 30 yards to the left. Kind of just sounds like a bang bang play, still a miss on him but we move. 

Edited by SalvadorsDeli

I’ve never seen a fan base get so defensive about their QB besides the packers and Rodgers the playoff choker. 

He’s amazing, we’re only here because of him, he Carrie’s us. Without him we’re a 2 win team. He makes mistakes but did you see that throw! Amazing. It’s really bizarre and there’s nothing like it. Maybe you can argue Baker but at least that was 50/50. You either loved him or hated him. Lamar and Rodgers had dudes on full Stockholm syndrome. No in between. Like if he ordered you to seppuku you had to do it. The whole the ravens should have won if Lamar played anything decent. But the blames goes towards the Oline, WR, coach and RB. Like there’s no accountability. That whole first half was disgusting and it wasn’t the chiefs doing much. The vaunted ravens D let Xavier score without laying a finger on him, yet the score was within reach with just 2 decent drives that first half. Yeah, it’s week 1. But you gotta be sharper than that man. That was hideous ball disguised as a good game because of the score and finish. Ravens should have won by 3 scores… 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, El Ramster said:

I’ve never seen a fan base get so defensive about their QB besides the packers and Rodgers the playoff choker. 

He’s amazing, we’re only here because of him, he Carrie’s us. Without him we’re a 2 win team. He makes mistakes but did you see that throw! Amazing. It’s really bizarre and there’s nothing like it. Maybe you can argue Baker but at least that was 50/50. You either loved him or hated him. Lamar and Rodgers had dudes on full Stockholm syndrome. No in between. Like if he ordered you to seppuku you had to do it. The whole the ravens should have won if Lamar played anything decent. But the blames goes towards the Oline, WR, coach and RB. Like there’s no accountability. That whole first half was disgusting and it wasn’t the chiefs doing much. The vaunted ravens D let Xavier score without laying a finger on him, yet the score was within reach with just 2 decent drives that first half. Yeah, it’s week 1. But you gotta be sharper than that man. That was hideous ball disguised as a good game because of the score and finish. Ravens should have won by 3 scores… 

It’s because you bet on them. Should e bet on the Chiefs. And that is why you fail 

31 minutes ago, El Ramster said:

That new DC got exposed 

44 minutes ago, Forge said:

I just realized that Zay Flowers didn't even hit 40 yards receiving tonight. 

Given how much of the offense that was tonight, that's kind of crazy

Wasn’t there a bs holding call that brought back a 15 yarder? 

I watched the whole game.

Anytime your coach goes for it on 4th down, in FG range & elects to go for it on 4th down & 3 &  fails? Your team leaves pts on the field.

By doing that, it changes momentum of the game & prevents keeping the score close. (Or even closer) Which in turn, takes your star RB out of the game in Henry.

Then, Tucker missed a FG later. Which is rare.

This game felt exactly like the USC & LSU game, but in different uniforms.

LSU should have won, but didn't.

Ravens should have won, but didn't.

Both Harbaugh & Kelly passed on FG attempts & got greedy, instead of taking what the Defense gave them.

And it cost them dearly.

There's a time to be aggressive...and time not to be.

Early in the 1st QTR is not one of them, when you're facing a good team.

Kelly is why LSU lost.

Harbaugh is why the Ravens lost.

USC played smart 

Chiefs played smart.

And they won.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TheKillerNacho said:

The more I see of this new kickoff the more I dislike it.

I mean it’s obvious what’s going on. Kickers just told to belt it out the back because they don’t want the return risk. How easy is that.

3 hours ago, SalvadorsDeli said:

I don't think so? He was saying Bateman was his read and at the last second spotted Flowers and tried to adjust and it ended up in the middle in no-man's land. It's only worse if you're acting like he was saying he was trying to throw it 30 yards to the left. Kind of just sounds like a bang bang play, still a miss on him but we move. 

What was said:

Reporter: Lamar, the press box is in the cloud, so it's hard to see what was going on there. The play before to Flowers, did the ball get tipped out of your hand, or was that just you misfiring?

Lamar: No. I'm actually... I went scrambling... I had seen Chris Jones was on Justice Hill. Justice Hill was blocking Chris Jones, so I was trying to help Justice out. And I tried to get out-of-pocket and I seen Bateman flying across. So I'm thinking Bateman is going to stop. As I'm throwing the ball, I see Zay flying across and I'm like "f..." That wasn't intended for Zay Flowers. So yea. I was teed off about that because if I had held onto it a little bit more, I would have fired it to Zay for the touchdown.

Reporter: You didn't see it until the very end?

Lamar: Yea, like when I threw the ball, I had seen him and I'm like "Fu..." I want to say something else, but I'm like "damn... **** happens."

The pass was not intended for Zay. It was intended for Bateman. Bateman's route wasn't clean. Andrews pre-snap motioned toward Bateman and the two crossed up post-snap. Bateman had to slow up to let Andrews get by. Then he ran his crosser before bailing and digging into the endzone with a curl. Lamar expected him a different spot and the pass was off-target, which ended up looking like it was behind Flowers.

Edited by typecast
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Yeah, I don't know what he was looking at I'd have to see the endzone angle.

From that skycam angle, Zay is bracketed by McDuffie and Cook as Lamar steps up to avoid Chris Jones. As he slips inside of Jones, he gets a quick peek at Bateman between Faalale and Mekari. Both Cook and McDuffie overreact to Bateman running the crosser and both bail on Flowers to protect their side of the field against Bateman. Chenal is spying Lamar, who is carrying the ball like he's going to throw. Chenal pursues Lamar and forces him to pass. By the time Flowers is revealed as uncovered, Lamar is already committed and throwing the ball to Bateman. Bateman kinda just runs into Bolton, bails to his where he thinks his landmark is in the endzone. Maybe Lamar was anticipating Bateman to curl away from the defenders instead of into them?

Edited by typecast

5 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Ravens did this protection on the last 2 plays and both times I thought Chris Jones was going to pick up lil Justice Hill and just carry him into Lamar.

Hill held his own both times somehow

Because by that point, Chris Jones was blowing out of his A.