Opening Night GDT 9/5: Baltimore Ravens @ Kansas City Chiefs

Chiefer

52 minutes ago, notthatbluestuff said:

Mahomes and co are hated because they're 3x champions who've at some point ended the playoff dreams of every AFC team worth a damn. Occupational hazard.

No different then the Patriot Dynasty's/Dominance for almost decades.

20 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

Harbaugh is why Baltimore lost last night.

Hell, he was even going to go for 2 when they thought they had the game tieing TD.

Did you see him hold up his 2 fingers?

Passed on a FG in the 1st QTR.

Just really stupid coaching decisions, that not only changes momentum if your wrong?  But leaves pts on the field, when you fail going for it on 4th down & 3.

He could have told Lamar Jackson to spike it, after letting 30+ seconds drain off the clock. 

Don't get me wrong, Lamar didn't have his best night. But he's not why they lost the game. His fumble forced by Chris Jones, only netted Kansas City a FG.

But Harbaugh 's aggressiveness is at minimum, why they weren't able to send the game into OT.

OT, would have been the perfect time to be aggressive, imo.

Harbaugh is why Baltimore lost last night, imo.

Nah, betting to win in OT against Mahomes is a bad bet. By that same logic, people could blame Tucker for the loss too, since they would have been in an easier situation had he not missed his FG. 

You have all the momentum, Jackson and Henry in the backfield, and two great TEs. I'd take that on a single play over to keep up with Mahomes in OT.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, notthatbluestuff said:

It’s a little different, though…

Yeah the Chiefs actually play exciting football games. It’s always down to the wire, for the most part it’s never easy. 

Patriots were a boring machine, an evil empire. That’s not Andy Reid football. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Chiefer said:

Yeah the Chiefs actually play exciting football games. It’s always down to the wire, for the most part it’s never easy. 

I will always have a hate boner for the chiefs but they're never not interesting, and when they inevitably die in the playoffs we will all cheer....only to realize the chiefs will be back even stronger cause they lost a game somehow. 

*Loses to the boogeyman in your conference, who you have a 1-4 (now 1-5) record against, who happen to be the back-to-back reigning SB champions that knocked you out in the championship game in your own house last season despite a top tier defense, MVP winning QB, and having the top seed*

Likely: “yeah well good luck next time we see you”

Haha

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Chiefer said:

Who said anything about type of play? The reasons both Team are hated or were hated by the masses is there complete and utter dominance. The perceived notion, they get/got every call, every game goes / went  Pat/Tom's way. Right wrong or indifferent the refs are always on their side, aiding in the win.

When you dominate a Division, dominant a Conference and win 3 SB in 5 years, people will start to hate. Like they did the 90's Cowboys,  80's 49ers, 70's Steelers. 

Comes with the territory of excellence. When you are classified in the rare territory of the word Dynasty. Not really rocket science? Chief Fans should be glad, just smile, smirk and laugh. Like Patriots fans did for 20 years.

Edited by Nabbs4u

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

Lose by a TD and still not getting over the hump vs KC and talking trash. Interesting.

Bold Strategy Cotton GIF by MOODMAN

Yeah that's wild

Spin zone: i'd rather the team have the "we feel like we got gypped/beat ourselves" weird unearned confidence they seem to have after this loss rather than the potential alternative where they are just completely resigned to the fact that they can't beat the Chiefs and morose about everything

Watching the game last night. It’s clear to

me that Chris Jones could never be in Donald’s level. Dude was huffing and puffing. Donald never stopped coming even against 3 blockers. They even tried putting CJ at DE it looked ugly and awkward and he couldn’t blow past a RB. Don’t get me wrong, CJ is now the best DT in football and has been for the last 3-4 years. He’s great, but it shows the difference in an all time great vs #behind. 

Like watching tape the one dude who would always pop on screen was Fletcher cox. Even Kelce when talking about both said it was never even close between them. I miss Donald man. 😞 I think the best defender in football right now is TJ. 

1 hour ago, Soko said:

*Loses to the boogeyman in your conference, who you have a 1-4 (now 1-5) record against, who happen to be the back-to-back reigning SB champions that knocked you out in the championship game in your own house last season despite a top tier defense, MVP winning QB, and having the top seed*

Likely: “yeah well good luck next time we see you”

Haha

Tbh I thought a lot of the post-game press conference quotes from the Ravens weren't the best of looks. Lamar said he still thought Likely's catch was a TD, Likely said "good luck in the postseason" to the back to back superbowl champs, and Roquan Smith accused Mahomes of flopping and tried to threaten....Peyton Hendershot? Maybe I'm just spoiled by how well trained our main guys are at this, but like....just say the generic "We made some mistakes and we need to play better but we'll get it fixed" and move on.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Jakuvious said:

Tbh I thought a lot of the post-game press conference quotes from the Ravens weren't the best of looks. Lamar said he still thought Likely's catch was a TD, Likely said "good luck in the postseason" to the back to back superbowl champs, and Roquan Smith accused Mahomes of flopping and tried to threaten....Peyton Hendershot? Maybe I'm just spoiled by how well trained our main guys are at this, but like....just say the generic "We made some mistakes and we need to play better but we'll get it fixed" and move on.

Yeah, but as modern fans we crave competitive play.

tired of the old Brady and BB robotic talk. I like my ish talking. They feel some

sort of way. I’m more disturbed by the lack of penalties in the chiefs side. I hate the ravens, but it’s in their culture to be loud and brash. I love it! Let them them you got that hate in your heart and dawg in you.. Not everything is all about GGs and onto the next one.