Better WR? Odell Beckham Jr or DeAndre Hopkins

mdonnelly21

38 members have voted

1. 1. Better WR

• Odell Beckham Jr
    • DeAndre Hopkins

32 minutes ago, BlaqOptic said:

What exactly has Nuk done during the post-season though?

6 catches/69 yards vs KC in 2015

5 catches/67yards/1 TD vs Oak in 2016

6 catches/65 yards vs. NE in 2016.

Nothing that you could describe as setting the world on fire, but I'd say it's a lot better than 4 catches for 28 yards and what felt like the single game record (probably isn't) for dropped passes in the post season.

Hopkins has the most receiving TDs in the NFL. He's 2nd in the NFL in yards per game. He runs the best routes (besides Brown and maybe Diggs) and has the best hands in the NFL. You can also count on him not being a distraction.

Going with Hopkins, comfortably.

3 hours ago, RedRider said:

Hopkins has the most receiving TDs in the NFL. He's 2nd in the NFL in yards per game. He runs the best routes (besides Brown and maybe Diggs) and has the best hands in the NFL. You can also count on him not being a distraction.

Well, aside from that fistfight he's going to get into with Jalen Ramsey at some point in the.next three years.  

40 minutes ago, Crickett said:

Well, aside from that fistfight he's going to get into with Jalen Ramsey at some point in the.next three years.  

Eh, Andre Johnson got into s fistfight with an opposing AFCS CB once, and I don't think anyone would label him a distraction...

CheerfulMeatyHalibut-max-1mb.gif

3 hours ago, EliteTexan80 said:

Eh, Andre Johnson got into s fistfight with an opposing AFCS CB once, and I don't think anyone would label him a distraction...

CheerfulMeatyHalibut-max-1mb.gif

I was so glad when he did that too. Finnegan was a tool. 

As far the question goes. OBJ has issues for sure but judging based strictly on talent I'm taking him over anyone not named AB and Julio.

1) AB

2) Julio (one down year doesn't override his entire career to me)

3) OBJ 

It’s close. OBJ is faster, quicker, and is clearly superior in YAC (probably due to the former). Hopkins has slightly better hands, is more physical, and has the size advantage. He’s also a bit more consistent IMO.

Splitting hairs, but I’ll take Hopkins because I don’t have to worry about him losing his head (at least, not nearly as much as I’d have to worry about OBJ). Even if you disagree with OBJ being a headcase, he does bring the WR-circus media with him - any little thing he does will be talked about all day on ESPN and the team will have to answer questions about it.

On 12/26/2017 at 2:23 PM, Tyronnosaurus said:

Sorry but it's Odell by a pretty large margin. Brown, Odell, and Julio are the true cornerstone wide receivers in this league. There's only 4 receiving cornerstones in the league Imo, if you throw in Gronk.

A better question would be AJ Green vs. DeAndre Hopkins.

I would say Green is in that tier, although he hasn't always had qb play to allow him to fully maximize his potential.

• 8 months later...

Archived