Packers QB Jordan Love suffers knee injury

RaidersAreOne

.........Really hoping it's a torn meniscus he can come back from in 4-6 weeks. Maybe a torn MCL lower grade? Drew Brees played through one before. We won't know until the MRI tomorrow at some point (Maybe monday since he's coming back from brazil)

Hope it's just a bad sprain and he misses like 2-3 at the worst and isn't a season ender.

3 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Urggg this sucks. Hoping for the best but expecting the worst.

That’s a ACL dude. Holy I thought it was an ankle sprain. MLC doesn’t pop like that. That’s legit his acl, it’s the only tendon that connects and that can snap like that. 

38 minutes ago, El Ramster said:

That’s a ACL dude. Holy I thought it was an ankle sprain. MLC doesn’t pop like that. That’s legit his acl

36 minutes ago, El Ramster said:

this guy is legit. He’s saying mcl as well. 

good to see him confirm your mcl suspicions 

• Like 5

Likely at minimum MCL sprain. There was a valgus force (MCL) but there was also slight rotation…perhaps ACL/meniscus. At times when you’re confident it’s the MCL injury, you can also find the ACL injured on MRI. With the ankle eversion force perhaps a high ankle sprain on top of that. 

A friend of mine puts these together. 

Edited by sammymvpknight
  • Like 3

Yeah quite a few "doctor explains" videos are saying high ankle sprain with a potential full tear of the MCL. Unlikely that it's an ACL or fracture. 2-8 weeks without surgery. Take that with a full grain of salt since it happened a few hours ago and nobody close to the scene has said anything.

Edited by nagahide13
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, nagahide13 said:

Yeah quite a few "doctor explains" videos are saying high ankle sprain with a potential full tear of the MCL. Unlikely that it's an ACL or fracture. 2-8 weeks without surgery. Take that with a full grain of salt since it happened a few hours ago and nobody close to the scene has said anything.

It’s almost definitely an MCL injury (grade is a bit harder to tell). But it wouldn’t be surprising if there is also more involved because there wasn’t just a valgus force…his knee also appears to be rotating a bit, and his ankle is pretty twisted up.

Id be surprised if he doesn’t miss time. However, I’ve also seen teams brace the knee or ankle of injured players and they play through what should be significant injuries. Mahomes’ patellar dislocation or Barkley’s high ankle sprain, as examples. Fortunately for Mahomes it worked out for him (assuming he doesn’t end up getting arthritis now…which is possible)…I can’t say ethics in sports med is always sound. These players will put their bodies through injuries that normal humans simply wouldn’t…sometimes at the detriment of their bodies longterm. 

Edited by sammymvpknight
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, notthatbluestuff said:

I can't believe people cling to what these Twitter video doctors say. Just wait for official news.

I like Brian’s videos because he does a really good job with teaching more than prognostication. The Twitter docs (not all created equal) can be very helpful for fantasy and gambling. Ultimately, it’s never certain based on a video. A lot relies on physical exam and at times, imaging. We don’t have access to that which is why there are lots of theories based on mechanism. As I said…this one is a bit tricky because I can’t say even the mechanism/forces are clear. I’d be surprised if there isn’t an MCL sprain of some degree…but other more significant injuries are possible. I think I can probably accurately prognosticate about 50% of these accurately (I trained with Brian)…this is one that nobody will be able to prognosticate with certainty. 

Edited by sammymvpknight