Week 2: Colts at Packers - The Malik Willis Show

packfanfb

1 hour ago, coachbuns said:

This was the 2nd game in a row that the QB is a very elusive, running type.  It was just as important to contain him by the DL .. his passing accuracy isn't quite up to snuff yet.  They did fine .. they did what they were supposed to by the game plan.  Wait for the game where the QB doesn't move well and they will show their mettle!!

Luckily the next QB up is Will Levis.

1 hour ago, coachbuns said:

Those 3 can't move any where near what the Packers have just faced the past 2 games .. not even close.  One game at a time and I'm thinking the Packers DL is really looking forward to this next game.

Levis can move and is a load. I didn’t include those other two in the group, they are in contrast to the first three QBs we face and why I’m saying it will be interesting to see how Haf adjusts to the circumstances. Stanford and Darnold are nothing like the first three but have plenty of experience and can beat you in other ways. 

36 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

Richardson beating Quay to the marker on 4th and 11 was way more annoying than Quay's missed opportunity with the INT.

It was disappointing but Richardson in that situation is just too damn fast and long. He’s going to beat a lot of guys to that spot. 

14 minutes ago, Refugee said:

Levis can move and is a load. I didn’t include those other two in the group, they are in contrast to the first three QBs we face and why I’m saying it will be interesting to see how Haf adjusts to the circumstances. Stanford and Darnold are nothing like the first three but have plenty of experience and can beat you in other ways. 

I'm talking D line getting after mobile qb's the past 2 games.  Levis is not in their category and Darnold and Stafford aren't even close to being anywhere that mobile.  The D line will have more opportunity to make plays against the next 3 qb's compared to what the last 2 have been.

32 minutes ago, coachbuns said:

I'm talking D line getting after mobile qb's the past 2 games.  Levis is not in their category and Darnold and Stafford aren't even close to being anywhere that mobile.  The D line will have more opportunity to make plays against the next 3 qb's compared to what the last 2 have been.

We're saying the same thing, except I think you underestimate Levis' mobility. The guy can hurt you on the ground and is a load to bring down. We will be playing a similar containment with him as the past two weeks.

1 hour ago, HokieHigh said:

Another weak of rest will do love good. Ride it out with willis

Yeah, screw that! If he's healthy, he plays. We only get 17 times to win or lose. You don't put one of those in the hands of the backup if you don't have to. 

Love's contract pays him over 3 million per game. Lace them up and let him play. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Quay needs to lose some weight. Don't need 245-250 LBs anymore, he needs to get to 235 and actually run. Or we need to add another 10lbs on him and play him at EDGE. Right now he just looks lost. Cooper needs more reps over him right now.

Wonder who the green dot would be if they start cutting his snaps? Probably McKinney?

They ain't cutting Quay snaps yet. New defense and not everyone is going to be comfortable immediately. 

Cooper needs more snaps but unfortunately or fortunately McDuffie and Wilson have made it hard to get more. 

Barry's defense was about as LB friendly as can be. Hafleys is tougher but definently allows the LBs to show out more.

Edited by Spartacus

thought quay was in a lot of good spots just needs to make a few more plays.  Plays that he's made in the past.  At least no blow up mental error penalties by him thus far.

If this defense is gonna be GOOD good, LBs need to show out consistently because they are being put in positions to make big time plays.