Sunday Night Football: Chicago Bears (1-0) @ Houston Texans (1-0)

Football_Bachelor08

Sunday Night Football: Chicago Bears (1-0) @ Houston Texans (1-0)  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Bears
    • Texans

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/16/2024 at 12:15 AM

4 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Quite literally, this is the polar opposite of what you asserted. By every possible definition..

No it’s not. You said Caleb fooled everyone into believing he was worthy of the first pick. I said that’s an absurd thing to say which it absolutely is. Scouts can be wrong as absolutely any player can be a bust but the idea Caleb was able to fool the entire league, scouts and just about every analyst on the planet into believing he was first overall worthy is just an insanely silly argument. 

Edited by lavar703

2 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

No it’s not. You said Caleb fooled everyone into believing he was worthy of the first pick. I said that’s an absurd thing to say which is absolutely is. Scouts can be wrong as absolutely any player can be a bust but the idea Caleb was able to fool the entire league, scouts and just about every analyst on the planet into believing he was first overall worthy is just an insanely silly argument. 

Then account for the numerous #1 pick busts that we've seen over the years. Again, that list is longer than the list of #1 overall hits. 

Amd, yes, actually, it is the opposite, as your position is there's no way they were all wrong about him and now say that saying so is silly. In fact, here's your exact quote: "So you genuinely believe all the scouts, teams and the entire league were tricked into believing Caleb Williams was a top QB prospect?"

6 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

But that’s not the argument being made. The argument being made is that they actually sucked in college but somehow tricked the NFL into believing they were worth the first pick. It’s an insanely silly debate that I shouldn’t have allowed myself to be involved in. 

Do tell, who said such a thing?

He was a  great college QB. It was simply apparent he was not, in fact, a great NFL QB stuck in college based on what he actually did and who he did it against. 

That's a far cry from saying he sucked in college- which nobody said. 

Chargers were laughed at for choosing big beef jerky over the sexy Ferrari. They’re enjoying a great running game along with allowing Herbert time. Chicago should have gone gone Oline heavy. The Romeo pick looks aweful now simply because he can’t be used. Caleb isn’t Burrow and Romeo isn’t close to Chase as a prospect. I say this because the Bengals were cooked by not picking Penei. 

chargers are just trucking thru people. Makes you think and wonder. If the big uglies get high priority next draft. 

25 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

I don't think Caleb is bad, I do think that the Bears iOL is a problem.  I'm not sure taking Rome was a better option than "fixing that."

Yeah that's fair, but he made some really horrible decisions throwing the ball. Even that one throw he made off balance throwing across the field that was an INT and got reversed by a holding call. The fact that he even threw that is absolutely insane. But you're right, their offensive line sucks.

With all that said, I like his confidence and his willingness to try to make a play. He just can't throw into triple coverage like he did on that one INT. Just throw the ball away and live to fight another down.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, El Ramster said:

Chargers were laughed at for choosing big beef jerky over the sexy Ferrari. They’re enjoying a great running game along with allowing Herbert time. Chicago should have gone gone Oline heavy. The Romeo pick looks aweful now simply because he can’t be used. Caleb isn’t Burrow and Romeo isn’t close to Chase as a prospect. I say this because the Bengals were cooked by not picking Penei. 

chargers are just trucking thru people. Makes you think and wonder. If the big uglies get high priority next draft. 

Chill out bro. The Chargers just played the Panthers today. That doesn't say or show anything.

In 1998, Payton Manning threw for 3700 yards, 26 TDs and 28 Ints. Let's slow down on the Caleb Williams sucks train.

Do I personally think Williams will ultimately be deemed a bust? Yes. Have I been wrong before? No. (sarcasm lol) Of course I have been. But I can't make that determination after 2 games. What I can say is these 2 first games were not very good for him but the problem, as some others have said, isn't just limited to him for Chicago.

The Bears are also doing terrible on making the game "easy" on Williams.

Week 1 =17 carries, 69 yards (2 carries, 25 yards by WR's)

Week 2 = 17 carries, 27 yards

So Bears RB's so far this year - 32 carries, 71 yards, 2.2 YPC

Everyone makes a big deal about CJ Strouds start last year, putting teams in a position to need to push to make their guy have that success, but Houston was able to at least give the threat of running the ball last year, especially once Stroud started going off. Now they weren't balanced by any means, but at least the threat was there.

IMO the big issue Williams has to work through is his standing still and flat footed in the pocket. He needs to get up on the balls of his feet and be ready to move. The Bears need to force this with sprint outs, roll outs, moving the pocket, getting some PA going.

• Like 1

DJ Moore was really effective on the one or two slants he had. He’s really hard to cover in short spaces. So what did they do?….send him on streaks and corners for the entire 4th quarter.

Its that kind of stuff that will make it harder for Williams. You’ve asked him to drop a dime in a bucket whilst he’s getting his ish pushed in by the pass rush, and he threw a pick. 

• Like 1