What do the Dolphins do at QB?

Danger

6 minutes ago, notthatbluestuff said:

The only problem is that teams typically aren't willing to let go of a quality backup, especially at this point of the season. If they did, one wrong hit to their starter means those teams would be in the exact same situation.

The Cowboys seem hell bent on Trey Lance. I think Rush could be acquired, but it would be for something far more than he's worth. 

That's my logic there. They're genuinely better off looking for a PS guy and letting the chips fall. 

Cowherd just mentioned maybe the NFL should consider an Amnesty Clause type option, each team gets 1 every five to ten years for situations like this. Basically, NFL doesn’t let Tua play again, pays him his money, and doesn’t go against the team cap

Not sure how realistic something like this would be but I’ll let those of you who are much smarter than me chime in. I do think the NFL does need to get creative with this situation and be open to all options 

Edited by TakeTheBallDeep
  • Like 6

In the aftermath of Tua Tagovailoa suffering another concussion during Thursday night’s matchup with the Bills, Dolphins head coach Mike McDaniel refused to offer a timeline for the quarterback’s return while saying he thinks Tagovailoa is unlikely to play next week in a Friday morning video conference.

McDaniel was adamant that he did not want to add any anxiety to Tagovailoa by discussing anything about his career going forward. McDaniel said several times that the most important thing for Tagovailoa right now is to focus on getting healthy and being a father to his children.

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/mike-mcdaniel-bringing-up-tua-tagovailoas-future-is-not-in-his-best-interest

55 minutes ago, TakeTheBallDeep said:

Cowherd just mentioned maybe the NFL should consider an Amnesty Clause type option, each team gets 1 every five to ten years for situations like this. Basically, NFL doesn’t let Tua play again, pays him his money, and doesn’t go against the team cap

Not sure how realistic something like this would be but I’ll let those of you who are much smarter than me chime in. I do think the NFL does need to get creative with this situation and be open to all options 

Or maybe teams should just rethink signing frail, injury prone players to 200 million dollar contracts.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, TakeTheBallDeep said:

Honestly not a bad idea, considering the source. But it would require language to be added to the CBA, I would assume. 

• Like 1