Bryce Young benched

game3525

24 minutes ago, Daniel said:

This is my thought process.  Unless they think they can develop him more on the bench, then it seems like a strange move.  I don't see what it gets the franchise, especially since they have a brand new head coach who can just point the finger at Young and take a new QB with a top pick of he wants.

I think it says that they’ve already seen what they need to see from Bryce Young. At this point, you need to see what everybody else has in them. It’s hard to judge 52 members of the roster (and the offensive playcalling) when the QB1 is this bad. I don’t think much of Dalton, but he’s got experience and you know what you’re getting out of him for the most part. He’s not gonna be good, but he’s not going to be “we can’t score any points over multiple weeks” level bad. 

Like, people think if you’re gonna be bad you might as well be bad, which is true for draft purposes, but there’s a difference between being a bad football team and being a clown show. Coaches, GMs, and players don’t wanna be a part of teams when they bottom out. I don’t know if Dalton’s gonna prevent that from happening, but at this point they have to try something and he’s got a better shot than Bryce.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

His career is over. He, Bo Nix, and Zach Wilson are the 3 worst 1st round QBs I've seen since Paxton Lynch. And he might be among the worst 1st round QBs ever, not just the worst #1 overall picks ever.

For real, GM’s need to hire out the College Football regulars.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Wonder what Canales job security is like with Tepper at the top? Is he seat already getting hot? Wouldn’t surprise me if that was part of this move tbh. 

I'd bet anyone who takes a job within firing range of Tepper is thinking about how they'll explain any decisions they made at a new team before they even start.

1 hour ago, MKnight82 said:

What exactly do they get out of putting Andy Dalton out there? They need to play Bryce Young through this regardless to see if he's worth keeping around or not. Even if he's not, his abysmal play gets you the high pick you'll need to replace him. Benching him now is stupid to me. 

They've got about 18 games of film on him. He ain't it.

1 hour ago, minutemancl said:

I'd argue you've probably already seen enough to know he's not worth keeping around.

But what do they get out of this? Canales lowers his team's risk of a complete and utter mutiny. I finally saw that little jump pass Bryce does. That situation is comical. The team can't function with a QB playing like that. The upside being 'the chance of fielding a functional offense' is pretty damn good.

Can you post it? I haven't seen it.