Bryce Young benched

game3525

Just now, SteelKing728 said:

Oh God is that painful. That's Christian Ponder level bad.

He was tearing up on the sidelines yesterday after a pick.

It's easy to pile on or be jealous of the guy, but I wouldn't be surprised if deep down he's okay with being benched too. He knows more football than anyone here, so he knows exactly how bad his tape has been. No one wants to feel embarrassed like that, regardless of the money. I feel for him.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

He was tearing up on the sidelines yesterday after a pick.

It's easy to pile on or be jealous of the guy, but I wouldn't be surprised if deep down he's okay with being benched too. He knows more football than anyone here, so he knows exactly how bad his tape has been. No one wants to feel embarrassed like that, regardless of the money. I feel for him.

Maybe if things never work out on the field he can be a coach. You never know. Some of the worst players end up being fantastic coaches haha

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

Maybe if things never work out on the field he can be a coach. You never know. Some of the worst players end up being fantastic coaches haha

Ironically enough given this thread comparing Young/Stroud to Manning/Leaf, that's where Ryan Leaf ended up in a sense with his public speaking.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

He'll need to start waaaaay down the ladder though. 

It's one thing when you're Kellen Moore and everyone knows the head is there but the body isn't. 

Unfortunately for Young (and I'll even say unjustifiably) he's gonna be viewed as the guy who just couldn't hack it. I think there's a bit of a stigma attached to 1st round busts in that regard, and high school/college players have a bit too much of an ego to listen to "that guy". 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Art_Vandalay said:

What makes it so much worse is that CJ Stroud looks like a top 3 QB in the league right now. Modern day Ryan Leaf / Peyton Manning situation... Except Bryce went first obviously.

What makes it worse is the GM and Head coach wanted Stroud and the owner forced the Young pick. AND THEY GOT FIRED lol

• Like 4

I'd just like to remind everyone that Joe Barry somehow managed to let Bryce go 23 / 36 for 312 and 2 tds last year. They had 4 TD drives, 3 of which were 70 yards or more, and another FG drive 

Dude should never be a DC again and we should all be offering another round of congrats to Packers fans for being done with him. 

• Like 4