Who is the greatest quarterback of the 1990s?

Championshiporbust

3 hours ago, Championshiporbust said:

What about Elway and the 2 back to back rings?

Aikman?

Warner 1999?

This is a different question if you talk the best single season for a QB in this decade.Warner is the answer if this is the question but if this is the entire decade,Warner was the starter for only one season,so he has no shot for this

• Like 2

On 9/16/2024 at 1:55 PM, MWil23 said:

Favre won 3 MVP, when Young was healthy he was he’d to beat; Marino and Kelly were victims of timing.

I was thinking if Buffalo had won just one then Kelly would be right up there with Farve/Young.   Good call on Marino too, same applies for him.

Aikman sucked was on a loaded team he is like mentioning Purdy ok maybe Aikman didn’t suck but was carried by high end talent as soon as the cap came around he couldn’t have talented teams around him anymore

Elway and Favre for me with Marino and Young as a dark horse 

It's Favre by a mile. The 90's were so much fun though. Aikman was getting blasted every week, Cunningham would throw up some highlight reels. Warren Moon constantly would carry the Oilers. Young and the loaded Niners, Marino, Elway... Jim Kelly and the heartbreak that the Bills were. Then there was my favorite, Old Man Vinny Testaverde; the dude that if he just would have been on any other team in the league may have been the greatest QB ever to play. 

Early 90’s Young. 

Late 90’s Favre. 

Overall, I’d give it to Young and it’s not that difficult. Young 92-98 was some of the best QB play you’ll ever see. 

On the old forum I had ‘94 Young as my 4th best QB season in NFL History. ‘99 Warner was 8th. 

Edited by Tank4Drake