Week 3 GDT: Raiders (1-1) vs Panthers (0-2)

Jerry

On 9/20/2024 at 12:18 PM, ronjon1990 said:

Honestly, I'd start him. Panthers DL is toast. Not sure you're gonna find an easier game to debut in. 

If he struggles for some reason, you can adjust and pull him without crushing his confidence given he's been on the shelf. 

I don't see why they wouldn't. Dude missed the preseason reps. 

Ultimately this should basically be like a scrimmage in that it should give guys the that missed most of TC some live reps. It's also a chance to ease guys in if you want to make a change at a position for example, linebacker or right tackle. It would be a great game if you want to DJ Glaze or Amari Gainer out

1 hour ago, Humble_Beast said:

We better not come out soft. We aren’t that good to act like that. Have to treat every game like it’s the Chiefs. 

I think the Panthers will be more competitive with Dalton at QB than with Young at least this week.  Their team is still trash and I expect them to lose but as crazy as it sounds Dalton is an upgrade over Young right now.  Young has been beyond terrible and i think Dalton is a bum. 

Edited by Frankie2Gunz

55 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

I think the Panthers will be more competitive with Dalton at QB than with Young at least this week.  Their team is still trash and I expect them to lose but as crazy as it sounds Dalton is an upgrade over Young right now.  Young has been beyond terrible and i think Dalton is a bum. 

Nah, Young is worth a 4th rounder. 

Like Tannehill, he's just waiting for his shot to win and get that coveted Comeback Player of the Year award stolen from Rodgers 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

Lot of people here taking the Panthers very lightly………Hope the team is not!

Raider Nation is hilarious. Week 1, they were ready to fire AP and bench Minshew. Beat the Ravens and they expect to boat race the Panthers. The truth is somewhere in between. Still a bottom 5-7 ranked team in my eyes until I see differently. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

Raider Nation is hilarious. Week 1, they were ready to fire AP and bench Minshew. Beat the Ravens and they expect to boat race the Panthers. The truth is somewhere in between. Still a bottom 5-7 ranked team in my eyes until I see differently. 

I'm hopeful but I'm not firmly in APs corner until he can replicate what he did last year with a QB-less team. Win vs Balt was a good first step. We need 6-8 more. It's hard to judge a coach with a QB situation like ours. 

He lacks a body of work. After 20 games, maybe week 10ish, we'll have a decent idea of how he is. But I'm also not ready to say he's bottom 5. He went 5-4 and turned a team around mid season. That's gotta count for something. 

• Like 2