Week 5 General Discussion thread

BroncoSojia

17 minutes ago, nagahide13 said:

Jordan Love looked a whooooole lot worse than that statline. I'm guessing we're in for a repeat of last season. In 2 or 3 weeks he's going to go on an absolute tear and look like the best QB in football. Then he'll lose in the playoffs making some horrific decision to throw back across the field into coverage.

Progress has absolutely not been linear, and I'm not yet convinced that he's truly "the guy". He's obsessed with throwing off his back foot no matter what even if it's not needed and it takes a piece of my soul every time. He's addicted to it.

I'm fine being patient with him. This year more than ever it's been shown that QBs need time and patience and a solid organization around them to even possibly thrive. He's shown enough to warrant that, and given the way the league is set up, I understand giving him the contract.

But I have never, ever gotten to the point where I've been like, boom, that's it, he's our guy and he'll be a damn good one

15 minutes ago, Jameson_Neat said:

How does Walker get only 5 carries for the Seahawks? 

Because their OL is among the worst in the NFL. Still, no excuse to not even try.

Also, I see that nobody is talking about the Giants cheating on the blocked FG they returned for a TD taht won them the game. Dexter Lawrence held down the RG so that his teammate could jump over and block the FG, which violates probably at least 3 NFL rules.

1 hour ago, El Ramster said:

Against the rams they were 97% 

San Fran Stand the hell up. Honest to god I think the fan base turns on Kyle this year. A rational fan would never. But at some point he becomes your Gruden and Tony Dungy. It’ll never work in SF. Something always happens, and fans hang on. 

I’ve never seen the fan base so split on him like this year. The flood gates have opened. He’s done. 

He’d have to lose out, than lose out next year to get ppl to hate him

That Polk TD was a TD. The refs are confused. It’s a toe tap TD. There is nothing in the rules that state the player must be facing out of bounds for a toe tap TD, instead of facing the field. Pats got robbed. 

I mean, can’t say I feel bad with the 3 illegitimate Super Bowls in 2001, 2003, and 2004 with spygate (yes, was going on way before 2007). But the Pats were 100% robbed. 

1 hour ago, DannyB said:

Progress has absolutely not been linear, and I'm not yet convinced that he's truly "the guy". He's obsessed with throwing off his back foot no matter what even if it's not needed and it takes a piece of my soul every time. He's addicted to it.

I'm fine being patient with him. This year more than ever it's been shown that QBs need time and patience and a solid organization around them to even possibly thrive. He's shown enough to warrant that, and given the way the league is set up, I understand giving him the contract.

But I have never, ever gotten to the point where I've been like, boom, that's it, he's our guy and he'll be a damn good one

I’ve been way more impressed with LaFluer’s coaching and play design than with Love in general. 

5 minutes ago, Tank4Drake said:

That Polk TD was a TD. The refs are confused. It’s a toe tap TD. There is nothing in the rules that state the player must be facing out of bounds for a toe tap TD, instead of facing the field. Pats got robbed. 

I mean, can’t say I feel bad with the 3 illegitimate Super Bowls in 2001, 2003, and 2004 with spygate (yes, was going on way before 2007). But the Pats were 100% robbed. 

Clearly not a catch. Facing the field of play, it's just the opposite of facing the boundary and heel down, toes out of bounds. 

It's ruled as finishing the step, not a toe tap/drag.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DannyB said:

Brett Favre 2.0 Non-standard mechanics and 1-2 boneheaded plays per game.