• Jets
    • Patriots
    • Ravens
    • Chiefs
    • Cowboys
    • Bills
    • 49ers
    • Other
  2. 2. What value does he roughly return?

• 1st rounder
    • A combination of 2nd/3rd rounders
    • A player going back
    • Conditional / late round picks
    • Other

2 hours ago, aceinthehouse said:

If I'm Peters?

I offer DT Johnathan Allen & our 3rd round pick (whichever one of the 3 that we have they want)

For

Devonte Adams (and whatever day 3 picks we want back in return if any)

We keep our 1st & 2nd rounders

Slide in rookie 2nd Rd pick, Johnny Newton to replace Johnathan Allen. Still have Deron Payne.

Unload some of that D-Line money in one positional spot & spread it around the Defense next season. 

Johnathan Allen will be 30 in January & is probably not part of our rebuild anyhow.

That's what I would do.

This makes no sense. You’re unloading someone because you don’t want them to be part of a rebuild on a side of the ball you’re absolutely struggling with for a guy who’s older? Make it make sense ace. 

• Like 1

J. Allen turns 30 in January & is part of the Defense getting gashed by the run by 6+ yards per carry as I mentioned earlier.

Are we going to give him a new contract?

With this brand new regime? I would think not.

If we can trade for D. Adams by trading J. Allen & a 3rd or less pick in draft capital?

This not only makes us dangerous the rest of this season?

Gives Jayden more weapons for his rookie progression?

But allows us to use that 1st & 2nd Rd pick on Defense, OT or whatever other position, without being desperate in finding a #2 WR.

D. Adams would be under contract till he's 34. Until the year 2027. With no cap hit from 2025 - 27' if cut or traded from here beforehand.

It also gives us an insurance policy, if there are injury's at WR as well this year and in the future.

It also gets DT Johnny Newton more playing time, by replacing J. Allen.

Plus, he still would have Deron Payne to mentor him as well.

A WR core of Terry McLaurin, Devonte Adams, Noah Brown (on a 1 yr deal), rookie Luke McCaffrey could be a group we could keep together as a unit, for a few years.

Even trading away Johnathan Allen, doesn't force us drafting a DT in the draft early as well. 

We could draft Defense heavy, by still having an elite Offense.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Pugger said:

What is his salary?   What WR needy teams can afford him and would be willing to part with a high pick for a 31 year old WR?

Stunned this is coming from a Packers fan. Someone's going to have to draw it out for me because I don't get this 30 year plus point.

Adams is still elite (almost single-handedly won the Ravens game), has little injury history and his game is not built on just athleticism. He has at least 2 years of elite play left (which is where the main bulk of any new deal would be) and 2-3 more of a reliable/high #2 with how good his route-running is.

The only reason I'd be somewhat ok with a 2nd round pick is because of the timing of this and how much I like him and want him to do well. He's definitely still a good enough player to be worth at least a 1st. Unfortunately, the teams already made plans not thinking he'd be available. 

The most fun option might be a trade to the Lions who have space. Adams, St. Brown, Jameson stretching, LaPorta, a run game, and an OL. Might be the push to be the most talented NFC team for a SB run. I'd assume it would be a rental situation and lower compensation though, but if market dry enough could be fun.

I remember when the Raiders traded and older in his 30's HOF WR Randy Moss to the Patriots for a 3rd rounder.

Do you guys remember what happened?

I believe Brady threw 50 TD's that year & they went undefeated. 2007? Lost to the Giants in the SB.

Obviously, that isn't apples to apples.

But, I wonder how much better that Patriots team was with Moss? Than they would have been without him. I don't know...

Btw, not comparing D. Adams to Randy Moss. I think Moss is the best WR of all time. Even over Rice.

But Adams will definitely be in the HOF. 

Going to be interesting, what the Raiders get in compensation for Adams.

It sounds like both parties want this done sooner , rather than later. They're talking a deal could be made this week.

9 hours ago, aceinthehouse said:

J. Allen turns 30 in January & is part of the Defense getting gashed by the run by 6+ yards per carry as I mentioned earlier.

Are we going to give him a new contract?

With this brand new regime? I would think not.

If we can trade for D. Adams by trading J. Allen & a 3rd or less pick in draft capital?

This not only makes us dangerous the rest of this season?

Gives Jayden more weapons for his rookie progression?

But allows us to use that 1st & 2nd Rd pick on Defense, OT or whatever other position, without being desperate in finding a #2 WR.

D. Adams would be under contract till he's 34. Until the year 2027. With no cap hit from 2025 - 27' if cut or traded from here beforehand.

It also gives us an insurance policy, if there are injury's at WR as well this year and in the future.

It also gets DT Johnny Newton more playing time, by replacing J. Allen.

Plus, he still would have Deron Payne to mentor him as well.

A WR core of Terry McLaurin, Devonte Adams, Noah Brown (on a 1 yr deal), rookie Luke McCaffrey could be a group we could keep together as a unit, for a few years.

Even trading away Johnathan Allen, doesn't force us drafting a DT in the draft early as well. 

We could draft Defense heavy, by still having an elite Offense.

But you're doing double speak. You want to win now by trading for Adams so you worsen your defense (yes trading Allen worsens your defense). So you're just praying you keep winning games like 40-38. Not sustainable, especially in the playoffs when we find defenses step up. Then - regardless of how 2024 unfolds - you mention spending future capital on defense - so now we hope that Adams has clicked and that two rookies (likely later 1st and 2nd rounders at this point) step in immediately to all of a sudden make the defense good? You have to realize the chances of this working out in this scenario aren't high? So, by marginally increasing your chances of bigger success now, you're looking at possibly sacrificing much bigger gains for the future. Why? And you keep mentioning we can just cut Adams. Why? Then it would all be a waste. 

2 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

But you're doing double speak. You want to win now by trading for Adams so you worsen your defense (yes trading Allen worsens your defense). So you're just praying you keep winning games like 40-38. Not sustainable, especially in the playoffs when we find defenses step up. Then - regardless of how 2024 unfolds - you mention spending future capital on defense - so now we hope that Adams has clicked and that two rookies (likely later 1st and 2nd rounders at this point) step in immediately to all of a sudden make the defense good? You have to realize the chances of this working out in this scenario aren't high? So, by marginally increasing your chances of bigger success now, you're looking at possibly sacrificing much bigger gains for the future. Why? And you keep mentioning we can just cut Adams. Why? Then it would all be a waste. 

I think one of the first things Adam Peters did when he got hired was talk to Allen. They aren't trading him. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, aceinthehouse said:

I remember when the Raiders traded and older in his 30's HOF WR Randy Moss to the Patriots for a 3rd rounder.

Do you guys remember what happened?

I believe Brady threw 50 TD's that year & they went undefeated. 2007? Lost to the Giants in the SB.

Obviously, that isn't apples to apples.

But, I wonder how much better that Patriots team was with Moss? Than they would have been without him. I don't know...

Btw, not comparing D. Adams to Randy Moss. I think Moss is the best WR of all time. Even over Rice.

But Adams will definitely be in the HOF. 

Going to be interesting, what the Raiders get in compensation for Adams.

It sounds like both parties want this done sooner , rather than later. They're talking a deal could be made this week.

What the hell are you on about.. 

This take is worse than Guice 2000 yards. 

• Like 1