FFMLFB

Dingo18287

7 minutes ago, freakygeniuskid said:

Because the rules changed every single offseason with little warning or discussion and I was tired of trying to keep up with it. Like, I probably had the 2nd or 3rd best keepers in the league and I like having two leagues, but the rules stuff just got wearing, pretty sure that's why like 4/10 of the league all dropped out.

Got it, no one ever complained to me. I liked that league a lot so Im bummed. 

3 minutes ago, crab1106 said:

Got it, no one ever complained to me. I liked that league a lot so Im bummed. 

I liked the people a lot, and some of the rule change issues were before you took over. But I'm pretty sure we had three (two?) offseasons in a row where there was a major rule change with little warning where the discussion happened AFTER the rule change, and I felt like the bad guy for complaining about it, but I built teams for the rules (grabbed guys like Votto for an OBP league that switched to AVG, then back to OBP, that sort of stuff) and had trouble switching on the fly.

Wait, did the team I'm taking over manage to get 3rd last year? That is impressive. There are 20 position players projected to outscore my top position player and 14 pitchers projected to outscore my best starter (32 projected to outscore my #2 starter, including two FAs!).

I am slightly intimidated thinking of trying to match his success last year hahaha.

2 hours ago, freakygeniuskid said:

Wait, did the team I'm taking over manage to get 3rd last year? That is impressive. There are 20 position players projected to outscore my top position player and 14 pitchers projected to outscore my best starter (32 projected to outscore my #2 starter, including two FAs!).

I am slightly intimidated thinking of trying to match his success last year hahaha.

No, he was 4-16-1 last year.

Welcome to the league btw.

2 minutes ago, davisblack said:

No, somethings messed up with it. I have the 1st pick, but I won the championship last year.

I think you'll have the 3rd pick.

Gotcha. That's good to know, thanks!

I've run other leagues that have screwed that up before. But it's usually in taking "consolation ladder" matchups and basing draft positions on those, I don't know if I've seen one off enough to give the champ the first pick haha.

Actually, if it gave you 1st and me 3rd from last, I assume it just reversed the order. Weird.

3 hours ago, freakygeniuskid said:

I liked the people a lot, and some of the rule change issues were before you took over. But I'm pretty sure we had three (two?) offseasons in a row where there was a major rule change with little warning where the discussion happened AFTER the rule change, and I felt like the bad guy for complaining about it, but I built teams for the rules (grabbed guys like Votto for an OBP league that switched to AVG, then back to OBP, that sort of stuff) and had trouble switching on the fly.

He joined the first off season? I get it though. You're not on FF as much as a lot of people but rules were discussed and held to a majority.

Edited by BillsGuy82

1 minute ago, freakygeniuskid said:

I might be missing who is who. Didn't Crab take over as commish after the first year? Or am I completely switching who is who?

I just started helping after the first year to gather everyone and get new owners. BG was too busy with work to take it all on by himself 

2 minutes ago, crab1106 said:

I just started helping after the first year to gather everyone and get new owners. BG was too busy with work to take it all on by himself 

Gotcha. I think I was mashing different people into one in my head.

• 3 weeks later...