Bills trade for Browns WR Amari Cooper; release Marquez Valdes-Scantling

Forge

1 hour ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

See there's KC's receiver

Noooooooo

4 minutes ago, StatKing said:

I don't really understand why KC wasn't all over this. 

Veach won’t spend a 3rd to rent an old WR for a year that’s crazy.

• Like 2

I don't love or hate this move. The Bills needed a WR upgrade badly, but I've never been a fan of signing players on the downside of their career. IMO he will help, but the diff won't be huge and it's not enough to put them over the top. 

• TheKillerNacho changed the title to Bills trade for Browns WR Amari Cooper; release Marquez Valdes-Scantling
32 minutes ago, Chiefer said:

This. I don't always agree with it, though it's hard to argue with the results. But this is kind of move does not mesh with how Veach views roster building.

3 minutes ago, Jakuvious said:

This. I don't always agree with it, though it's hard to argue with the results. But this is kind of move does not mesh with how Veach views roster building.

Like I wanted Amari for a 5th, a 3rd is just a little too rich. Hopefully it doesn’t come back to bite us 

32 minutes ago, Chiefer said:

Like I wanted Amari for a 5th, a 3rd is just a little too rich. Hopefully it doesn’t come back to bite us 

You did the right thing, trading a 3rd for a 30 year old who has played 10 seasons, showing signs of decline and expecting him to be WR1 is wild to me. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chiefer said:

Noooooooo

It's a year to year league. Things happen fast, it might seem like KC is going to be great forever but more often than not that isn't the case. I don't understand why everyone these days think once a player hits 30 they are done for.

Just now, MSURacerDT55 said:

You did the right thing, trading a 3rd for a 30 year old who has played 10 seasons, showing signs of decline and expecting him to be WR1 is wild to me. 

He doesn't have to be a #1 WR for this to be a good trade for the Bills.

• Like 2