Predict the Playoffs? Rams Super Bowl!?

BayRaider

6 hours ago, BayRaider said:

It's hard to be surprised if anyone in the NFC made the Super Bowl. Not much parity there to be honest. All six can make it. 

AFC you have to imagine Patriots and Steeles are heavy favorites with the Chiefs as a dark horse. 

I understand what you're saying, but just to nitpick, that's the definition of parity. ;)

7 hours ago, Starless said:
7 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Eagles are the least likely at this point IMO but they still have a decent shot with HFA and Foles is one of the better backups in the league. 

Falcons could compete with anyone when their hot. 

Foles isn't going to get the Eagles past any of the other top teams in the NFC. He barely got them past the Raiders and Giants. 

You could say that about a number of QB in the playoffs?

Cam vs TB, Keenum vs GB, Wilson vs Dal, Ryan vs TB?

There's not a single QB in the NFC including Drew Brees that is making the SB without relying heavily on the Run Game and a Solid Defense! Not one! 

Eagles "can" do both so it is "possible"! Only question is will our Idiotic HC do the smart thing, or continue to pass 40+ times as if Nick Foles is Carson Friggen Wentz? Unfortunately, I Doubt he changes!

Bills over Saints.

Okay seems unlikely but that is the teams I'd most like to see.

As long as its not an AFCN or AFCE team representing the AFC I'll be happy, unfortunately those are the favorites.

I'd like to see the Saints or Falcons in the NFC.

It will probably be the Patriots vs. Saints/Vikings/Panthers

5 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

You could say that about a number of QB in the playoffs?

Cam vs TB, Keenum vs GB, Wilson vs Dal, Ryan vs TB?

There's not a single QB in the NFC including Drew Brees that is making the SB without relying heavily on the Run Game and a Solid Defense! Not one! 

Eagles "can" do both so it is "possible"! Only question is will our Idiotic HC do the smart thing, or continue to pass 40+ times as if Nick Foles is Carson Friggen Wentz? Unfortunately, I Doubt he changes!

Eagles defense has dropped since the Wentz injury. Their 2 game average yards given up (with Foles at qb) is 393, so that kind of number would be close to the bottom of the league.

4 hours ago, CriminalMind said:

Eagles defense has dropped since the Wentz injury. Their 2 game average yards given up (with Foles at qb) is 393, so that kind of number would be close to the bottom of the league.

Bend, but don't break.

Recent history would like to offer this nugget of facts: 

1 hour ago, 808 said:

Bend, but don't break.

Recent history would like to offer this nugget of facts: 

Once you lose your QB, your offense effeciency reduces which in turn, reduces your defensive output.

So looking at full year stats is not really a predictor anymore for what your output could be in playoffs now

2 minutes ago, CriminalMind said:

Once you lose your QB, your offense effeciency reduces which in turn, reduces your defensive output.

So looking at full year stats is not really a predictor anymore for what your output could be in playoffs now

Eagles defense gave up 10 points on MNF Week 16 of 2017 season. Wentz went down in week 14. My point of that earlier post being, Eagles defense plays much better at home, regardless of the QB. 

And the numbers from last year do matter, as that same QB was not as efficient last season. Thus asking the defense to do more. 

Archived