FA Thread 2018

barnaby8787

Could Quincy Enunwa be our Shannon Sharpe? A lot has been said about the Jets lack of depth of TE. But Enunwa was pretty good in that HBack role that Sharpe excelled in. Enunwa is also about the same build as Sharpe: height/weight and both are muscular. Enunwa is the better athlete also.  Like Sharpe, Enunwa won't set the world on fire blocking, but he can be a mismatch in that role.

Sort of envision, Enunwa at the HBack, Anderson and Pryor on the outside and Kearse in the slot. If we want to get bigger, we can sub one of the prototypical TEs for Kearse. 

That should be plenty for a young QB. But we have to invest more in the offensive line.

Edited by SDotNova
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, SDotNova said:

Could Quincy Enunwa be our Shannon Sharpe? A lot has been said about the Jets lack of depth of TE. But Enunwa was pretty good in that HBack role that Sharpe excelled in. Enunwa is also about the same build as Sharpe: height/weight and both are muscular. Enunwa is the better athlete also.  Like Sharpe, Enunwa won't set the world on fire blocking, but he can be a mismatch in that role.

Sort of envision, Enunwa at the HBack, Anderson and Pryor on the outside and Kearse in the slot. If we want to get bigger, we can sub one of the prototypical TEs for Kearse. 

That should be plenty for a young QB. But we have to invest more in the offensive line.

Tbh I don’t see him playing that TE or H back role. Reason being is bc of his neck. Playing those spots requires a lot more contact via blocking. And I think we want to limit his hits. Therefor WR is I think where he’ll be. But to go along with what you said... why can’t Leggett be that?!?!

Playing with first-pick.com as the Browns (cause they are honestly in such a great spot in the draft) and 

Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 1: 
 Barkley, Saquon, RB, Penn State (A)
Round 1 Pick 6 (IND): 
 Darnold, Sam, QB, Southern California (A+)
Round 1 Pick 13 (WASH): 
 Fitzpatrick, Minkah, CB/FS, Alabama (A)
Round 2 Pick 4 (IND): 
 Hughes, Mike, CB, Central Florida (A)
Round 4 Pick 14: 
 Moore, JMon, WR, Missouri (A+)

Did a run with the Jets and did this..

Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 19 (DAL): 
 McGlinchey, Mike, OT, Notre Dame (B+)
Round 2 Pick 18 (DAL): 
 Rudolph, Mason, QB, Oklahoma State (A)
Round 3 Pick 8: 
 Quessenberry, Scott, C, UCLA (A)
Round 4 Pick 7: 
 Cobbs Jr, Simmie, WR, Indiana (A+)
Round 5 Pick 20: 
 Herndon, Christopher, TE, Miami (FL) (A)
Round 6 Pick 5 
Round 7 Pick 17 

Your Future Picks: 
2019 Round 1 Pick (DAL)
2019 Round 1 Pick
2020 Round 1 Pick

43 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

I agree. 

If we are a team that drafts best player available, I can't see us not drafting a RB. This RB class is so deep, in the 4-6th rounds, a RB will be bpa. I would still draft a RB if the opportunity presents itself. Same with interior lineman. They will be some good ones on the 3rd day that can sit and develop. 

Edited by SDotNova

Coincidentally, John Butchko on his daily Jets podcast today talked about the Jets filling the gap at TE through other positions like the HBack role and a big WR. He pointed to Enunwa's season a couple of years ago as an example and said he blocked well in the role. He also pointed to how Marshall filled that red zone threat typically held by TE's.

Supposedly, Enunwa should have a full recovery and not have any long-term side effects. Always tricky with neck injuries though. I think he will be ok as a number 2 or if you slip him in the slot. But he could be a difference maker in the H-Back role. It will also allow us to put our 4 best receivers on the field at the same time (Anderson, Pryor, Kearse and Enunwa).

Other interesting notes from the podcast:

• Jets need an offensive philophy
    • I agree here. We have a bunch of players that are ok/good. But non are difference makers. There really isn't anything we do really well.
    • We do have some players with elite traits though. Anderson's deep threat. And I'm curious to see how Pryor does in training camp. On tape, he shows some excellent body control. He could potentially be that red zone threat Brandon Marshall was a few years ago. Aside from that, we are pretty bare.
  • Pass rush. Nothing to note here. We all know this. The one thing that he noted though is that we may see some more sacks from Leo giving how many pressures he got last years. He should have had more sacks last years. So, we might see his sacks go up simply because his luck would be more normal. He was really unlucky last year.
Edited by SDotNova