Davante Adams signed extension with Packers

49erurtaza

1 minute ago, Broncofan said:

With this signing I would be absolutely shocked to see A-Rob walk - JAX would simply have to apply the 15.7M franchise tag, and they can afford it, to keep him.   Adams contract makes the WR franchise tag (likely to be a little higher than 15.7M but not much more) a no-brainer if they can't work out a long-term deal.  I'd expect they'll let Marquise Lee and Allen Hurns walk instead.    

But yeah, I hear you on going another route - TT's MO isn't to go for the top-end talent, I'd think Moncrief would be an awesome under-the-radar type signing along with a Rd2 pick.

Obviously ARob would be awesome to have on the team, but like you said, don't think TT will pursue him. Moncrief would be a great fit at #2. Really hope we sign him.

8 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

With this signing I would be absolutely shocked to see A-Rob walk - JAX would simply have to apply the 15.7M franchise tag, and they can afford it, to keep him.   Adams contract makes the WR franchise tag (likely to be a little higher than 15.7M but not much more) a no-brainer if they can't work out a long-term deal.  I'd expect they'll let Marquise Lee and Allen Hurns walk instead.    

But yeah, I hear you on going another route - TT's MO isn't to go for the top-end talent, I'd think Moncrief would be an awesome under-the-radar type signing along with a Rd2 pick.

I hope you let Lee go would love for the niners to sign him

1 minute ago, incognito_man said:

neither will be in GB under their current contracts in 2018. It makes more sense to extend/restructure Jordy however.

Cobb will be somewhere else next year.

I'd work out extensions for both if they're open to it. 2/12m and carry over some guarantees into the new years of the deal.

2 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

No chance Ted has a #2 WR be a rookie, especially with the amount all our WRs talk about the time it takes to gain Rodgers trust.

I seriously doubt we go into the offseason with both Cobb AND Nelson released.  Maybe one, but definitely not two.

I expect Coob to be cut. His contract isnt worth his production and he's the least important of the 3 to Rodgers imo.

Jordy will restructure and probably get a small extension. He's Aaron boy, 33, and his value would all but evaporate outside of Green Bay. He doesnt have the physical traits to start somewhere else. His value is knowing the system he's in and his rapport with ARod. Id be shocked if he was let go.

Archived