Davante Adams signed extension with Packers

49erurtaza

31 minutes ago, kramxel said:

The draft part is out of place, but the rest of this post is very true.

We're talking about a lot of money for a player who despite being good is not THAT good.

how many games have you focused on watching davante adams? vs did you just look at this big 3 stats?

2 minutes ago, Ketchup said:

That’s my feeling. Jordy is Rodgers guy. Jordy is also a very very humble dude and it would not surprise me one bit to see him take a straight pay cut to stay in GB with Rodgers. 

Cobb on the other hand, comes off has thinking very highly of himself and would probably be less likely to take a pay cut. Even still, Cobb, Jordy and Rodgers are all close so who knows. 

Unless we sign a FA WR I don't know if I'd want to go into 2018 with any of the backup guys presently on the roster besides Cobb, Nelson and Adams.

1 minute ago, incognito_man said:

how many games have you focused on watching davante adams? vs did you just look at this big 3 stats?

Davante was still being productive with Brett freaking Hundley tossing him the rock all these weeks.

Just now, Pugger said:

Unless we sign a FA WR I don't know if I'd want to go into 2018 with any of the backup guys presently on the roster besides Cobb, Nelson and Adams.

Remember though, we still have TyMont who should be moved back to WR and could fill Cobb’s role much much cheaper. The Montgomery experiment at RB should be over for the simple fact of Jones and Williams showing so well as rookies. 

46 minutes ago, Ketchup said:

Cobb on the other hand, comes off has thinking very highly of himself and would probably be less likely to take a pay cut. Even still, Cobb, Jordy and Rodgers are all close so who knows. 

Maybe I'm misinterpreting what you're saying, but I disagree with that statement.  He thinks highly of his skillset, like any players do.  He's not a diva WR by any means, and he's a really well-spoken individual.  I think it comes down to the fact that there will still be a market for Cobb if he's released.  I'm not sure that's the case with Jordy Nelson.  There's less incentive for Cobb to take a paycut.

11 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Maybe I'm misinterpreting what you're saying, but I disagree with that statement.  He thinks highly of his skillset, like any players do.  He's not a diva WR by any means, and he's a really well-spoken individual.  I think it comes down to the fact that there will still be a market for Cobb if he's released.  I'm not sure that's the case with Jordy Nelson.  There's less incentive for Cobb to take a paycut.

Yea, by no means was I saying Cobb was a diva. Far from it. That said, I feel like he would be less likely to take a pay cut and realize that he’s being well overpayed for the production he’s provided us on his current deal. Plus like you said, his market would be much healthier then Nelson’s so that plays a part too. 

3 hours ago, Ketchup said:

That’s my feeling. Jordy is Rodgers guy. Jordy is also a very very humble dude and it would not surprise me one bit to see him take a straight pay cut to stay in GB with Rodgers. 

Hasn't Jordy already taken a significant hometown discount to stay there? I thought he was making 4-5M a year less than market value already?

52 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Hasn't Jordy already taken a significant hometown discount to stay there? I thought he was making 4-5M a year less than market value already?

Depends where you rate him. When we signed him to his current deal, it was definitely below what he would get on the open market. That kind of strengthens my point though, he’s already taken a discount to be in GB and with Rodgers. With his skills in the decline stage, even more reason to do it this time. He’s a farm boy and has even said he didn’t wait for more money because he’d never spend it all when he signed his last extension. 

3 hours ago, Ketchup said:

Depends where you rate him. When we signed him to his current deal, it was definitely below what he would get on the open market. That kind of strengthens my point though, he’s already taken a discount to be in GB and with Rodgers. With his skills in the decline stage, even more reason to do it this time. He’s a farm boy and has even said he didn’t wait for more money because he’d never spend it all when he signed his last extension. 

What? Lol, I think you have that backward

About what I expected for him. In the 13-15 million a year range. 

Kind of wanting to gloat as well...since this supports my argument made in the Jeffrey signing thread, when someone literally tried saying that in 2 years there won't be more than 12 WRs making more a year than Alshon. Well....we already have one WR contract and it's bigger than Jeffrey's, and there are still a dozen WRs to hit the upcoming market in 2018/2019 who will get more.

So yeah, I was right. Have to be a d-bag and just say that ha

On 30/12/2017 at 6:02 PM, incognito_man said:

I love how you're all talking about Adams like he is some undrafted gem no one knows about....

You guys crapping on this deal do realize that 4 and 5 year contracts arent handed out based on how a player played for you before. It's for what the team expects/believes said player to be capable of doing during the span of that contract, aka in the future. 

21 minutes ago, BAConrad said:

You guys crapping on this deal do realize that 4 and 5 year contracts arent handed out based on how a player played for you before. It's for what the team expects/believes said player to be capable of doing during the span of that contract, aka in the future. 

This is football's future where every signing made that's not your team is overspending and  every signing made for your team is great value. 

Archived