With the 5th pick in the NFL draft the Broncos select....

Wolzen

2 hours ago, broncos67 said:

If it's true that Keenum means no QB at 5, then we have to trade down. I could see drafting Nelson, but honestly I think it'd be a waste and we're now better off accumulating picks.

Been fantasizing about Buffalo 21/22/56 picks, and landing Will Hernandez with one of them. 

6 hours ago, broncos67 said:

If it's true that Keenum means no QB at 5, then we have to trade down. I could see drafting Nelson, but honestly I think it'd be a waste and we're now better off accumulating picks.

I agree. If we're not taking a QB at No. 5 we need to trade down. 

1 minute ago, bMiller031 said:

I hope you don't mean take Lamar Jackson in the first round

Why not ? Here's my logic in no particular order . If we traded  with Buffalo for their two first which is really one because it cancels ours out. I'd  like to get another second, plus a second or third. That leaves us with.

12, 22, our second (40), both of their seconds. 

With those picks I'd like to get a qb, Guard, Linebacker, wr or corner. 

So any combo of qb)Jackson, rudolph

Lb)Edmunds, Smith

Guard) Hernandez, price, whatever other guys. 

Wr)Gallup, Washington.

There's so many combinations. 

12 minutes ago, champ11 said:

He has first round talent and first round production. Not a reach at all to think he may get drafted in the first. 

Thanks Champ lol I've seen way worse first rounders.  As long as he does ok in the wonderlic 25 or more. I have no problem selecting him back half of the first.

I just wonder what trade package we can get to move down to 12? I doubt a trade down happens why wouldn't we want Cordy Glenn in a trade?

8 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

Thanks Champ lol I've seen way worse first rounders.  As long as he does ok in the wonderlic 25 or more. I have no problem selecting him back half of the first.

I just wonder what trade package we can get to move down to 12? I doubt a trade down happens why wouldn't we want Cordy Glenn in a trade?

Lamar Jackson's floor is easily better than what we've had at QB the last 2 (probably 3, tbh) years. We put him in day one with the exact same team and the offense is much better.

It's a nice QB class, so he'll probably go in the second round. I just hope he ends up in a good situation that plays to his talents. I think in the right place he could be an absolute star. 

16 minutes ago, champ11 said:

Lamar Jackson's floor is easily better than what we've had at QB the last 2 (probably 3, tbh) years. We put him in day one with the exact same team and the offense is much better.

It's a nice QB class, so he'll probably go in the second round. I just hope he ends up in a good situation that plays to his talents. I think in the right place he could be an absolute star. 

I know you’re a big fan of Jackson, Deuce, and I agree that in the right circumstance he could pan out. I just see a unpompous version of RGIII. He’s slight and comes gimmick offense, same reasons I don’t like Mayfield (though Jackson doesn’t have Mayfield’s character concerns). It’s just too much of a gamble for me. 

3 minutes ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

I know you’re a big fan of Jackson, Deuce, and I agree that in the right circumstance he could pan out. I just see a unpompous version of RGIII. He’s slight and comes gimmick offense, same reasons I don’t like Mayfield (though Jackson doesn’t have Mayfield’s character concerns). It’s just too much of a gamble for me. 

So are you sold on watson and patrick Mahomes just asking?

9 minutes ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

I actually don't really like the fit here in Denver. I don't think we've shown any personnel development skills or creativity/impressive gameplanning on the offensive side of the ball. Which is bad for so many reasons and scary moving forward.

He's 6'2, 216, which is pretty average size for a QB. About the same size as Cousins actually. And his college playbook wasn't really a gimmick playbook. He has displayed himself to be a capable pocket passer with the ability to make his reads and progressions. 

This is a good article on Jackson from a guy that is obviously a fan:

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/index.php?q=futures/2018/futures-lamar-jackson 

But it looks into the system that he played in.

Concerns regarding Jackson's accuracy and footwork are super fair. He may not turn out to be a really good player, but I think his floor is actually really high. Which is how I felt about RG3 too, who i think would have had a good career even with the personality issues if he didn't blow out his knees. Will be really interesting to see where he ends up. But yeah I don't think it's realistically an option for Denver and that's probably best for both parties....but I'm bummed about it lol 

1 hour ago, thebestever6 said:

With those picks I'd like to get a qb, Guard, Linebacker, wr or corner. 

So any combo of qb)Jackson, rudolph

Lb)Edmunds, Smith

Guard) Hernandez, price, whatever other guys. 

Wr)Gallup, Washington.

There's so many combinations. 

What happened to picking BPA rather than picking positional needs?

Archived