With the 5th pick in the NFL draft the Broncos select....

Wolzen

22 minutes ago, broncofan48 said:

This offseason has been an active/entertaining one for sure.  The lead up to the draft is gonna be wild

Most active this forum has been in ages 

It's interesting, I forget who it was that said it, but the worse the team gets the better this forum gets. When we're winning Super Bowls there's not much to talk about. But when the team is in shambles and we're making moves to try to return to where we belong in the upper-echelons of the NFL, we're here all the time talking about debating. 

Just now, AnAngryAmerican said:

It's interesting, I forget who it was that said it, but the worse the team gets the better this forum gets. When we're winning Super Bowls there's not much to talk about. But when the team is in shambles and we're making moves to try to return to where we belong in the upper-echelons of the NFL, we're here all the time talking about debating. 

I'll never forget the PM mental Midget debates.  Even though our d was paper soft.

4 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

If he can pass block not a bad addition right?

He's going to be in big demand.  He's the best G left out there.   Sad to say we're not a realistic candidate at all.

Trading for RT James was our best shot, given Tannebaum likes CJ Anderson, and he might even like Barrett too.   Now MIA did spend 12M on 2 WR's, so they're back with a tight cap.  But they seem to want to keep James, and I understand why.  

I think we're likely stuck with RT bargain-bin, or have to consider a 2.7 pick, which I dislike only because G/RB are the overall BPA talents that stand out there (I'm assuming both Sutton & DJ Moore are gone by then, and I'd wait on Kirk/Miller until 3.8, and Gallup until 3.99 for my WR targets).

1 minute ago, Broncofan said:

He's going to be in big demand.  He's the best G left out there.   Sad to say we're not a realistic candidate at all.

Trading for RT James was our best shot, given Tannebaum likes CJ Anderson, and he might even like Barrett too.   Now MIA did spend 12M on 2 WR's, so they're back with a tight cap.  But they seem to want to keep James, and I understand why.  

I think we're likely stuck with RT bargain-bin, or have to consider a 2.7 pick, which I dislike only because G/RB are the overall BPA talents that stand out there (I'm assuming both Sutton & DJ Moore are gone by then, and I'd wait on Kirk/Miller until 3.8, and Gallup until 3.99 for my WR targets).

Theres a guy from Mississippi with great feet. Is gonna go round 3. He's not that strong though I want him .

Kolton miller is ty sambrillo

1 minute ago, thebestever6 said:

Theres a guy from Mississippi with great feet. Is gonna go round 3. He's not that strong though I want him .

Kolton miller is ty sambrillo

Miller has way more athleticism than Sambrailo.  That was Sambrailo's problem - he lacked the size or strength to win as an interior OL - but wasn't quite quick or agile enough to be a T.   Kubiak's misguided belief he could make these guys "play up" with coaching was based on the old ZBS rules...which didn't apply, even in 2014.  It's what made the pick so bad.    But Sambrailo never tested as an elite athlete like Miller did.  

Miller's problem is that he's likely not even going to be there at 2.7.    His Combine will put him in 20's ceiling....and maybe 40's floor.    His tape is very inconsistent, though, which does make me pause even if he's there at 2.7.   But Sambrailo was an auto-fail pick from the moment he was chosen.   Miller has the full LT toolkit - I'd like to see more toughness and consistency though.  Then again, if he had that, he'd be a top 10-15 pick easy with those tools

2 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

Miller has way more athleticism than Sambrailo.  That was Sambrailo's problem - he lacked the size or strength to win as an interior OL - but wasn't quite quick or agile enough to be a T.   Kubiak's misguided belief he could make these guys "play up" with coaching was based on the old ZBS rules...which didn't apply, even in 2014.  It's what made the pick so bad.    But Sambrailo never tested as an elite athlete like Miller did.  

Miller's problem is that he's likely not even going to be there at 2.7.    His Combine will put him in 20's ceiling....and maybe 40's floor.    His tape is very inconsistent, though, which does make me pause even if he's there at 2.7.   But Sambrailo was an auto-fail pick from the moment he was chosen.   Miller has the full LT toolkit - I'd like to see more toughness and consistency though.  Then again, if he had that, he'd be a top 10-15 pick easy with those tools

I just hate workout warriors tape is everything unless his hands and core strength are off?

2 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

I hope browns panic and take the notre dame left tackle. Heard he killed the interviewa at,the combine.

3 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

I hope browns panic and take the notre dame left tackle. Heard he killed the interviewa at,the combine.

I don't think he can make it on the left side in the NFL.

1 hour ago, thebestever6 said:

I just hate workout warriors tape is everything unless his hands and core strength are off?

Handwork is 1 of his main problems.  Which suggests it could be fixed that can be taught.   But he’s a little stuff hipped on tape. It’s why his Combine was so surprising.  He could better at his bend too.  That’s more concerning.   But he has flashes of great technique and bend other times.  And high effort / character / intelligence.   Just wish I saw more consistency.   Have a look I’d love your take.  I’m so conflicted.  

Pretty interesting dynamic playing out with FA OL. Norwell at $13.3 mil, Solder at $15.5 ? That starts adding a lot of value to 1st rd OL picks. Now that the markets established it's hard to see Nelson lasting until 5. Hernandez, Price, they all just flew up draft boards for financial reasons alone.

Just now, AKRNA said:

Pretty interesting dynamic playing out with FA OL. Norwell at $13.3 mil, Solder at $15.5 ? That starts adding a lot of value to 1st rd OL picks. Now that the markets established it's hard to see Nelson lasting until 5. Hernandez, Price, they all just flew up draft boards for financial reasons alone.

Giants have made poor free agent signings for 2 years now lol Vernon. I think you're jumping the gun tbh.

58 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

Giants have made poor free agent signings for 2 years now lol Vernon. I think you're jumping the gun tbh.

I don't think so. I think the pendulums about to swing back. pass rushers are everywhere now, every team has them and more quality coming in from college.

No where near enough quality OL to account for them. It's the law of supply and demand, that's why a very average LT just got $15.5 mil per year.

Archived