With the 5th pick in the NFL draft the Broncos select....

Wolzen

3 minutes ago, Wolzen said:

At this point I hope we trade down to 12 and 22 as well as a 1st next year. 

Wouldn’t be opposed, but I’d also hate to miss out on a game changer at #5.  For Denver, being in the top 5 isn’t a regularity. You get a chance at a QB or edge rusher it almost has to be taken.

12 minutes ago, Wolzen said:

7 minutes ago, germ-x said:

Wouldn’t be opposed, but I’d also hate to miss out on a game changer at #5.  For Denver, being in the top 5 isn’t a regularity. You get a chance at a QB or edge rusher it almost has to be taken.

The bigger issue is that BUF may want to move up higher to lock in their QB.   Or by the time we pick they may not want that guy left on the board.  

I do agree I’m iffy on moving back that far. #5 gets us a top tier guy.  I’d want more than book value to move back.  12 & 21 is 280 pts more but we’d need to be blown away with an offer for the pick.  

7 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

The bigger issue is that BUF may want to move up higher to lock in their QB.   Or by the time we pick they may not want that guy left on the board.  

I do agree I’m iffy on moving back that far. #5 gets us a top tier guy.  I’d want more than book value to move back.  12 & 21 is 280 pts more but we’d need to be blown away with an offer for the pick.  

Completely agree.

Funny thing is I was just looking at a mocked draft and with the 12 pick we could pick up Josh Allen and with the 22nd pick we could pick up the tackle out of Notre Dame....  If you can get them to throw in a second we could  Draft a guard and a running back in the 2nd round and boy has  Team have a new look

1 minute ago, Wolzen said:

Funny thing is I was just looking at a mocked draft and with the 12 pick we could pick up Josh Allen and with the 22nd pick we could pick up the tackle out of Notre Dame....  If you can get them to throw in a second we could  Draft a guard and a running back in the 2nd round and boy has  Team have a new look

There is no way on earth Josh Allen is going #12.   It’s debatable if he will even be there at 1.5.  Wipe that mock from your memory banks. 

1 hour ago, Broncofan said:

There is no way on earth Josh Allen is going #12.   It’s debatable if he will even be there at 1.5.  Wipe that mock from your memory banks. 

I don't know about that... 1 of the top 4 may still be there. It's interesting to see some of these mock drafts. I've even seen Rosen in that spot, and I think that' crazy talk. 

7 hours ago, thebestever6 said:

I see the first 5 like this

1) Browns  - Darnold

2) Bills- Rosen

3) Jets- Allen

4) Browns - Barkley 

5) Broncos- Mayfield despite popular opinions advising against it. Either Mayfield or Allen is a Bronco.

Keep hoping, bro. Jets will go for Broadway Baker and he will bust, as all Jets QBs do. But will make his fair share of headlines along the way. He’ll embarrass another franchise instead of ours. 

4 hours ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

Keep hoping, bro. Jets will go for Broadway Baker and he will bust, as all Jets QBs do. But will make his fair share of headlines along the way. He’ll embarrass another franchise instead of ours. 

You never saw a guy who had had a chip on his shoulder ? Who is a hard worker, a leader, he's good. Its a coin flip  right now between him and Allen. They both have upside more than normal for the 3 and 4th qb.

I’m now thinking there is a serious chance we could see the top 4 picks all being QB, if the Bills or even the Cardinals trade up to 4. We might have our pick of the litter in terms of non-QB (Saquon Barkley should be the pick)

13 hours ago, Wolzen said:

This is the only league I believe this does not happen.  So I'm Indy and the Jets make their offer.  Do you not contact teams interested in a qb to better it including the broncos and bills.  What a pathetic trade - they didn't even get a first rounder back (next year).  Ok I get that the bills are now desperate and someone may extort more out of them because they are desperate ie. nyg, clev or us but I think the Jets have devalued the worth of anything under 1.3.

Having said that I believe we do not go qb at 1.5.  We signed Keenum and he works better outside the pocket so that devalues OL/OT and we will get that later.  We will get a QB later, maybe Lauletta in the second as he is rising and we have no intent on starting him this year.  If we tank this year we get a shot at another  qb through the draft next year or get Foles or Bridgewater  who may have been the best qb available in this years free agency if he was healthy.  He will be evaluated this year and may find himself in Cousins position next year. 

So based on the Jets trade we can trade back for Buff's 12 and 22 and a second rounder this or next year but I don't see getting much more than that.  If the Brownco's believe in Keenum we take Chubb and hope offensively it all works out. 

If all the above hits the fan and we remain the Brownco's (and I don't expect it too) then Elway gets the eff out!! 

At #5 we have a chance for Saquon....why isnt that excited for folks?  We saw what a good running game can do for a team...the Cowboys and Jags can attest this.  And, there could be an argument that Saquon could be better than Zeke and Leonard.  

Archived