With the 5th pick in the NFL draft the Broncos select....

Wolzen

24 minutes ago, AKRNA said:

I don't think so. I think the pendulums about to swing back. pass rushers are everywhere now, every team has them and more quality coming in from college.

No where near enough quality OL to account for them. It's the law of supply and demand, that's why a very average LT just got $15.5 mil per year.

Smart teams will be trying to figure out ways to win without good offensive lines. It's becoming increasingly hard to build one so instead of overpaying an average LT, why not try to find a way to do well without one?

1 hour ago, thebestever6 said:

Giants have made poor free agent signings for 2 years now lol Vernon. I think you're jumping the gun tbh.

They have a new GM and new coaching staff. That’s like saying the cheeseburgers at that McDonalds always sucked after an In-and-Out took over the building. 

8 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

With Miami restructuring Tannehill they are less likely to trade up. It's odd it happened after Bakers proday heard he killed it.

Don’t ever assume MIA will act in a way that makes sense while Tannebaum is GM.  

They made cap space to get out of hell.  Only to spend 12M on 2 WR who play mostly slot.  To replace the 14-16M guy who plays slot.   Then added to next year’s cap hell with the restructure.  O.o

(Then again we re-signed Todd Davis.   So can’t say Elway is immune to making baffling decisions either) 

4 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

Don’t ever assume MIA will act in a way that makes sense while Tannebaum is GM.  

They made cap space to get out of hell.  Only to spend 12M on 2 WR who play mostly slot.  To replace the 14-16M guy who plays slot.   Then added to next year’s cap hell with the restructure.  O.o

(Then again we re-signed Todd Davis.   So can’t say Elway is immune to making baffling decisions either) 

You're right but it lessons the odds no?

7 minutes ago, germ-x said:

I think Elway is using smoke and mirrors trying to get teams to think QB at #5 is an option.  It isn’t.  Keenum is the guy.

The press conference today led me to believe the exact opposite. It seemed like they made a concerted effort to show Keenum off on a pedestal. 

12 minutes ago, germ-x said:

I think Elway is using smoke and mirrors trying to get teams to think QB at #5 is an option.  It isn’t.  Keenum is the guy.

I'd mentioned it somewhere else but I believe our QB roster is set right now. For the 1st time since PM retired we know who the starter and backup are prior to TC. No QB controversy at all, just stability for 2 years.

55 minutes ago, AKRNA said:

I'd mentioned it somewhere else but I believe our QB roster is set right now. For the 1st time since PM retired we know who the starter and backup are prior to TC. No QB controversy at all, just stability for 2 years.

Unless we take Lamar Jackson. He could be a number 3 and wild horses qb.

3 hours ago, AKRNA said:

That’s a mistake too.  Keenum is average.  Denver is in Jake Plummer territory.

It blows my mind how Denver fans think winning an SB with an average QB is the way to go.  Considering the only times Denver has won an SB it’s with arguably 2 of the greatest QBs of all time.

2 minutes ago, germ-x said:

That’s a mistake too.  Keenum is average.  Denver is in Jake Plummer territory.

It blows my mind how Denver fans think winning an SB with an average QB is the way to go.  Considering the only times Denver has won an SB it’s with arguably 2 of the greatest QBs of all time.

I share your view on Keenum, FWIW.  But let's also recognize Peyton 2015 was truly a corpse of his former self.  Like I mentioned a while back, we should just recognize nowadays there is no set way to build a SB contender - franchise QB sure makes it easier (but alone isn't enough, and it can be done without one - it just takes a lot more on the other end).    But we may never get an opportunity this good to get a franchise QB, either, and if we pass on a legit one at 1.5, I'll be p8ssed for sure.

8 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

I share your view on Keenum, FWIW.  But let's also recognize Peyton 2015 was truly a corpse of his former self.  Like I mentioned a while back, we should just recognize nowadays there is no set way to build a SB contender - franchise QB sure makes it easier (but alone isn't enough, and it can be done without one - it just takes a lot more on the other end).    But we may never get an opportunity this good to get a franchise QB, either, and if we pass on a legit one at 1.5, I'll be p8ssed for sure.

I don’t disagree.  But as you said.  A franchise QB makes it easier.  If Denver passes up that chance to roll with Keenum and to continue the search for one it’s a colossal mistake.  Look forward to another 15 years of mediocrity with a few glimmers of hope like the season Denver made it to the AFCCG with Plummer.

Elway is scared, that’s my opinion on it.  It was far easier and far more fan appealing to pick up a guy like Keenum.  After failing with Osweiler and Lynch blowing the #5 pick on a QB would have sent fans into even more of riot.  The safe play was Keenum and sell fans on contending.  Starting a rookie with the 5th pick is admitting to a rebuild, which uneducated fans don’t understand in Bronco Country.

1 minute ago, germ-x said:

I don’t disagree.  But as you said.  A franchise QB makes it easier.  If Denver passes up that chance to roll with Keenum and to continue the search for one it’s a colossal mistake.  Look forward to another 15 years of mediocrity with a few glimmers of hope like the season Denver made it to the AFCCG with Plummer.

Elway is scared, that’s my opinion on it.  It was far easier and far more fan appealing to pick up a guy like Keenum.  After failing with Osweiler and Lynch blowing the #5 pick on a QB would have sent fans into even more of riot.  The safe play was Keenum and sell fans on contending.  Starting a rookie with the 5th pick is admitting to a rebuild, which uneducated fans don’t understand in Bronco Country.

If you read the Keenum thread - I just looked at the Keenum deal with the details published.  It's now 1 page behind, but it's there.   There is an out for the 2nd year.   It still gives him the option to bail year 2 - so he may be leaving all of his options open for 1.5.  Read it and see what you think.   

Link:

Archived