2018 Coaches Discussion Thread

iLikeDefense

4 hours ago, jsthomp2007 said:

Who would the Bengals ever get who is better than Marvin Lewis.  Had he left the Bengals and the Broncos fired VJ...I would have pounded my fist on the table to hire him.  

I wouldn't. Guy can't coach. Should have been fired four years ago after they lost to SD in the first round.

12 hours ago, iLikeDefense said:

I should have been more clear lol I think it’s a good start to interview both men. I wonder, if they stop there or interview others.

If the two men get along, bring in Kugler, retain Strausser. I like the college level emphasis for Strausser. He's used to teaching HS kids how to play the game. We could use some fundamentals and technique improvement on our OL.

40 minutes ago, AKRNA said:

That'd be great!

Would it? Strausser was the assistant for one of the worst Offensive Lines we've ever had. Why on earth does he deserve to be promoted and not run out of town like all the other position coaches?

It is absolutely bizarre, to be fair, that we're blaming the failure of this season on position coaches. They are the last people that should be the fall guys here. Elway has clearly been drinking with Matt Russell too much.

13 hours ago, jolly red giant said:

Watched the Elway and VJ presser where Elway said Kubiak would have an expanded role to include FA evaluation - said he didn't know what title he would have, just knew what he would be doing - sounds to me that he will be doing Russell's job.

Why do I like Kukiak's eyes and brain more than Elway's in terms of personnel?  I think Elway really is a figurehead...the guy that comes into the meeting with the prized FA to wow them as the legend in the room.  But, in terms of knowing and understanding how talent can be used on the field...I'd take Kubiak's judgement over Elway's any day.  I guess it is because Kubiak has coached...maybe that is the difference? 

21 minutes ago, paul-mac said:

Would it? Strausser was the assistant for one of the worst Offensive Lines we've ever had. Why on earth does he deserve to be promoted and not run out of town like all the other position coaches?

It is absolutely bizarre, to be fair, that we're blaming the failure of this season on position coaches. They are the last people that should be the fall guys here. Elway has clearly been drinking with Matt Russell too much.

You know what is bizarre is that I am standing in my kitchen, naked, eating a ham sandwich and drinking a dog fish beer...oops dropped a piece of ham on the floor...I will bend down to get that...five second rule right? 

11 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

I'm so happy our coaches will coach the senior bowl.

That's huge for us - Jacksonville had amazing value in Day 2-3 with their extra knowledge they gained, why they've turned it around.  Anything that helps Elway overcome his mancrushes that he can't help reaching for.   Now if only he'd actually pay attention to the big board and draft for value instead of having to have his guy no matter what, and going 1-2 rounds early each time (not a problem once you are in Rd 4....but the killer for us on Day 2).

6 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

That's huge for us - Jacksonville had amazing value in Day 2-3 with their extra knowledge they gained, why they've turned it around.  Anything that helps Elway overcome his mancrushes that he can't help reaching for.   Now if only he'd actually pay attention to the big board and draft for value instead of having to have his guy no matter what, and going 1-2 rounds early each time (not a problem once you are in Rd 4....but the killer for us on Day 2).

Whats the worst draft class to go to coaches coaching the senior bowl? Every year I feel like they strike gold coaching the squads.

Archived