Ted Thompson to transition into a new role within the organization. GB will begin a search for a new GM.

marky mark

7 minutes ago, ArthurPensky said:

You think GB would let Rodgers walk? Am i understanding that correctly? If so, I'll have some of whatever you've got.

New England is also trading QBs like crazy maybe we can get a 40+ Brady haha.

3 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Packerraymond doesn't either.

That's 3 prominent GB figures. Damnit Murphy listen to us.

If the rumors re: MM and Rodgers vs. Ball are true, one would hope Murphy would have the foresight to see that Ball will get him axed right quick.

Mark is in an interesting spot... to say the least. I take it that the hate for Ball from McCarthy and Rodgers comes out of likely not going after free agents.

... let’s just trade a 2nd to Seattle for John Schneider and be done with this. Then he can sign Sherman and Graham this offseason for us.?

If true this is fairly disappointing. Even if Ball isn't the best for the GM job it would be nice to retain him in his current position, but you'd think that would be impossible if his entire organization is leaking this sort of bad-mouthing to the media.

I wonder if Andrew Brandt has any desire to get back into the organizational side of things. Don't think so based on what I've heard from him. I hope we've got some competent people who've been learning under Ball ready to take over when he departs.

Edit: I'm in favor of Scoot McNairy for GM. He's got a solid track record of building up companies in young competitive industries.

20 minutes ago, deltarich87 said:

sooo....McGinn saying that McCarthy may not want Ball as GM and now Wilde saying that Rodgers wouldn't either

Anyone else get the feeling there is a power struggle going on amongst the various factions inside 1265 Lombardi?

And if Aaron Rodgers really does not like the Russ Ball to GM move, the franchise could be in worse shape than any of us ever thought.

Archived