What QB Do We Want Going Into 2018?

joru1000

If It's One or the Other, Which QB Do You Want Going in to 2018?  

98 members have voted

1. 1. Case or Teddy?

5 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

I think should try to first sign with a team that'll let him compete for a starting gig, and if that doesn't work, come back to Minnesota.

I'd do that if I were Tedward. 

If I can't find a starting gig and am relegated to being a backup, might as well come back home and play with the team I know.

Although, maybe he goes to a team with a questionable QB situation where he has a chance to be a starter more than he would behind Kirk.

1 hour ago, SemperFeist said:

Let’s be honest, unless it’s all about the money, this shouldn’t be a tough sell for the Vikings. 

and gee whiz just look at all the current public relations presentations on the new Egan complex. what a coincidence they're so prevalent right now...

8 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

and gee whiz just look at all the current public relations presentations on the new Egan complex. what a coincidence they're so prevalent right now...

Eagan. 

MN has to be the favorite but you'd think he'd at least make one FA visit.

7 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

Eagan. 

MN has to be the favorite but you'd think he'd at least make one FA visit.

Yea, it is a bit surprising to me. He's spoken recently about not having the choice of where to go since picking a team in college, and that he was looking forward to the process. Seems odd that he wouldn't at least want to take part in one of the big parts of the process, especially being wined and dined. I suppose he can go with the mindset that he isn't worried about the frivolity of the visits and just purely wants to see teams pitches and weigh the monetary value along with the team's future potential. Regardless I am sure he has an idea of the couple places he will consider, and is probably already leaning towards one. I would expect that he has his decision within 24 hours of the tampering period opening.

I wouldn't be shocked if the Vikings have told him that he is there 1st choice but they won't sit around and wait for him to make other visits before coming to a decision. Kind of a take it or we are moving on type deal. Could be influencing the change of heart regarding free agent visits. If Vikings are his 1st choice he might not want to risk them going a differnt direction.

If Kirk truly wants to take a shorter deal to get another huge payday, I think it's a no-brainer that he ends up here. This is by far the best situation for him to step in, win a bunch of games, and then cash in big again in 3 years. Von Miller tried to make the point in his recruiting pitch that the QB's in the AFC West are worse than the QB's in the NFC North. While that may be true, if I were Kirk I'd rather go to a team that won't face as many great pass rushers in the division. The AFC West will have him playing against guys like Joey Bosa, Kalil Mack, and Justin Houston 6 games per year. He can rely on the defense here to take care of the opposing QB's, but pressure and turnovers have been a couple of his weak spots, so why not go to the division where he won't be under as much pressure? 

Archived