Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

2 hours ago, cannondale said:

Luckily, what seem like agonizing decisions in June rarely turn out to be in November

Indeed. Some of our past WR agonies were over guys like Myles White, Jared Abbrederis, Michael Clark or Malachi Dupre. I'd say it's pretty safe to just trust the team when it comes to WR choices, I can't think of a decent one we've let go in the last few years (talking about bottom guys here, not major decisions like Nelson or Jennings).

• Like 1

22 hours ago, craig said:

For now, I expect the Packers to retain all 7 WR.

We're not keeping 7 WRs.  I think you can pretty much count on that.  Especially since none of them (sans possibly Kumerow) offer much in the way of ST value.  I suppose MVS can do some KR responsibilities, but outside of that they're not going to keep 7 WRs.

13 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Keeping 27 year old Kumerow over 24 year old Moore would be gross

Agreed.  The only way I see J'Mon Moore getting released if he has issue with drops again.  And even then, I think Kumerow would need to be really good.

9 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

38 days until preseason starts.

73 days until regular season kicks off. 

Oh my God, I thought it would be sooner than I thought, but it's longer than I thought.  It is literally 20% of the year before it starts. 

I like the PS so 38 days doesn't sound so terrible. Plus this is my slow time at work until about then so I'm happy if it drags on forever lol

I know that Moss was always in tip top shape and heck he could probably run a sub 4.45 40 today.

Working out with him to stay in shape is great.  Asking him to train you on how to run routes is not great.  

I'm not worried, though, like at all.  MVS will get that training from the coaches here and 'Vante.  Kid has everything he needs to be successful.  Now he just has to work to earn it.

Do you guys think all position coaches played with excellent technique? Or played at all? Moss has a very high football IQ. 

Bill Belichik: 

“I learned a lot from him. [He was] a great, great, great deep-ball receiver. Very smart, has a really good understanding of the passing game and how to attack defenses from his point of view, which is, certainly, as a player, one that I’m not familiar with.”

Edited by deathstar
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, Norm said:

Well that's not good

1 hour ago, vegas492 said:

Do not like this.  What is he running?  The "go" route?  The "don't move at the snap because it is a running play" route?  Maybe a slant?

Woof guys. Don't think it's that deep. Think he's just trying to learn what he can from one of the best to do it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, vegas492 said:

Do not like this.  What is he running?  The "go" route?  The "don't move at the snap because it is a running play" route?  Maybe a slant?

I should have worded my post differently. For the casual fan it looked like he was doing agility training and then running a route immediately after. 

I'm by no means able to spot out and name any specific training exercise lol.