Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

1 hour ago, coachbuns said:

LOL .. 3rd string left tackle, subs at left guard and center, starting te gone for year, qb with bad foot/toe, starting rb just returns not to mention cobb not there 2nd half.  They just played a Rams defense rested for a week with a front 4 that is top notch.  Many teams live and die off of turnovers ..  this year's Packers are doing that.  Team effort won this game although special teams except for punter still sucks.  I'll take the offensive performance all told.

Literally one guy would likely be playing where they are now on O-line if they were healthy. And a missed FG away from ~30 offensive points. Fumbled Punt they didn't get a chance at a possesion for. Poor starting posistion on offense because of punt/kick return.

Obviously they need to improve in the red zone, but some people can just never be happy.

Anyone think one of the reasons our O has regressed, and struggled in the red zone this year is lack of creativity? I don't have anything to back this up but it seemed like we used a lot more misdirection last season, and overall appeared less predictable.

4 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

Anyone think one of the reasons our O has regressed, and struggled in the red zone this year is lack of creativity? I don't have anything to back this up but it seemed like we used a lot more misdirection last season, and overall appeared less predictable.

circle route to cobb out of the backfield is a perfect example of creativity.

On 11/26/2021 at 10:49 AM, Arthur Penske said:

I think you’re the one not thinking deep enough. You’re not going to change people’s minds on whether they get the jab or not.  Constant anti-vaccine shamming probably just makes their decision not to get it even more firm and has the opposite impact on convincing people on the fence about it. 

I don’t have time in life to hate people on the internet I’ll never meet because they get a shot or not. 

looking at the situation, I’m more disgruntled with the people/organizations who created or at the very least lied about this virus that’s so messed up it’s reportedly mutating in Africa to evade the vaccines anyway. Unfortunately, there may not be a end in sight even with vaccines. Let’s hope that’s not the case.

This is not true.  I wasn't going to get vaxxed back in the day.  @incognito_man challenged me to do my research and then decide.   I found the information concerning Mrna very interesting and it made me more comfortable with my choice.

I don't agree with his posting style concerning that topic, or the frequency to which it is posted, but as a result, he helped me realize that I needed to be vaxxed.  

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

Yup.  As a general thought, we have lacked creativity in the red zone.  Especially for "Vante.

The Cobb route will be hailed as "creative", but it is a base play.  One that scored against us a drive or two later.  It is not like that is a new "wrinkle" or something like that.

1 minute ago, {Family Ghost} said:

I was thinking wheel routes .. my bad.

Gotta think MLF is saving those for man coverage situations.  Great to get jones matched against a LB.

Today's nfl, there's not a  ton of man coverage being played.  Patriots are some of the best at it.

7 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Yup.  As a general thought, we have lacked creativity in the red zone.  Especially for "Vante.

The Cobb route will be hailed as "creative", but it is a base play.  One that scored against us a drive or two later.  It is not like that is a new "wrinkle" or something like that.

We don't use as much misdirection anymore